Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tony Hawk 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-01, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony Hawk 3

I hope to be receiving my copy from amazon.com sometime soon. I also ordered a USB network adapter to play online with. Any DVDtalkers going online with Tony Hawk 3? I hope to run into fellow DVDTalkers and watch them bail all the live-long day.
Old 11-05-01, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm getting the game but I am not getting a network adapter until the official one comes out.
Old 11-05-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why is it I can't find any info on the official network adapter I really want that thing.
Old 11-05-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have the game. The graphics are great and the levels are pretty big. My only dislikes are they got rid of money (now everyone can use every special move), and for some reason I find it harder to land tricks. It may be that I am out of practice but I fall a lot more, and I rarely can get the no comply going into a vert ramp, again it may be me. It is also a lot shorter, my friends and I have beat 3 times already. The bonuses are pretty cool, so far we got Darth Maul, Wolverine, and a new level.
Old 11-05-01, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mh4268: Jeez dude, spoiler tags would have been really nice there.
Old 11-06-01, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by mh4268
I have the game. The graphics are great and the levels are pretty big. My only dislikes are they got rid of money (now everyone can use every special move), and for some reason I find it harder to land tricks. It may be that I am out of practice but I fall a lot more, and I rarely can get the no comply going into a vert ramp, again it may be me. It is also a lot shorter, my friends and I have beat 3 times already. The bonuses are pretty cool, so far we got Darth Maul, Wolverine, and a new level.
Yeah - I've been hearing that it's easier than the previous ones... I read a few places that newbies would find a bit of a challenge, but veterans would find it too easy and too short. Perhaps you are out of practice a bit. But beating it 3 times should say something.
Old 11-06-01, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No money?! Whaa... But.... that was one of my favorite parts! So there's no earning moves or skills?
Old 11-06-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The moves are all available from the start, except when you unlock characters, then their special move become unlocked for everyone, with a few exceptions. So anyone can due a 900 to begin with etc. To get stats there are 5 stat icons on each board that you must get. IT is kind of like SKATE. THese are sometimes hard to find, we can't find some of them. Different characters have slightly different locations for these. Also you have to find the new skateboards. It must be that I am out of practice because I am getting much better now. Sorry on not doing spoiler tags, but I didnt think they were that big of spoilers, and I don't know how to do them with the black covering the letters.

Possible Spoilers

Beaten again: we got Officer Dick. Also on the Tokyo level if you can grind the glowing symbol on the left, it is really high up. It opens up a secret area. Also on Brazil to the left there is a fence that you can break through to get to a pool to pull of good tricks.
Old 11-07-01, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got my copy from Amazon, I have it opened up to "Suburbia" so far. Gotta give this game excellent.

I do agree the trick landing seems to be touchier, and I bail a lot more thna I used to on THPS2 and 1...but I can't complain. I love this game!
Old 11-09-01, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've cleared out the first 6 levels, this game is definitely too easy. Supposedly the medals are harder to get, but if you're doing revert-manuals, getting a gold in 2 or 3 moves is cake. And I can't believe they didn't include the gap list, that was one of the best things about 2.

All in all, I'm kinda disappointed with the single player game, though most of the levels seem like they will be great for multiplayer.
Old 11-09-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After playing it for a few more hours, the landing gets a heck of a lot easier. I heard people complaing about the competitions being too hard, but I got quite a few 99.9 scores already. Once you get down the revert-manual you have it made. I have gotten over 900k on the last level falling down many times. A gap list would have been great, but I suspect it would have been monstrous.
Old 11-09-01, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A gap list would have been great, but I suspect it would have been monstrous.
It was monstrous in THPS2. It wouldn't have been that hard to do, considering the gaps are already named anyway.
Old 11-09-01, 05:56 PM

I'm having trouble getting the fifth stat icon in the airport. I need the one that is near the escalator/baggage claim area. It is floating on a light above the metal detector. Thanks.

BTW, this game ROCKS!
Old 11-10-01, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RalphWiggum

I'm having trouble getting the fifth stat icon in the airport. I need the one that is near the escalator/baggage claim area. It is floating on a light above the metal detector. Thanks.
If it's the one you're thinking of, I think you have to wallgrind up onto a display board that's jutting out from the wall. From there you can get to the light.

OK, some of the stat points in Tokyo were kinda hard to get, and the fact that there's a full extra level is good. I still wish the single player was a little harder, but oh well.
Old 11-10-01, 11:17 PM

Thanks! I've been trying to get that stat point for several hours. It only took me a few tries to get it that way. Thanks again.