Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

A GOOD experience for a change!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-01, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All-

I did the dvdpricesearch for Shrek and Phantom Menace, and found a store with the lowest price that I had never heard of: entertainme.com. It looked like a decent site, so I went with them for the order.

I used to always use Amazon, but lately prices seem to be higher, and with the growing number of compaints posting here, I opted to try someone else..... plus, I'm tired of pre-ordered items shipping on the day they come out, instead of being at my house the day they come out....

Enough about Amazon; to get to my point, Entertainme.com also has the shipping policy that Amazon has (cheaper if you wait and ship all items together), but I actually got Shrek YESTERDAY!!!! I don't remember the last time that happened!!

My only complaint about Entertainme.com is it's difficult to track the order online- I kept getting a message saying "no such order," which concerned me a bit. But I e-mailed them, and got an instant reply from a REAL person (not an automated one) within an hour! I'll definitely give these guys more of my business!!!

Hope this helps everyone!
Old 11-02-01, 03:30 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think these guys are in canada. I won one of those $1.99 DVD and shipping was almost $4. Anyway, DVD arrived within a week of ordering.
Old 11-11-01, 01:22 PM

I am considering preordering Purple Noon from these guys. Can you add to existing orders without paying a full shipping charge for each DVD and do they give you a tracking number for your package?

Ian
Old 11-11-01, 03:16 PM

To be honest, Dvdanon- I'm not really sure about adding to the order- your best bet would be to e-mail their customer service or call them directly....

As for the tracking- I was sent an e-mail with the tracking numbers, etc, but I was never really able to get the tracking to work.... I did hear from customer service immediately in response to my questions about order status.