Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Max Max $.75 Orders Cancelled

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-01, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have received the e-mail from DVD Express, and, as expected, the 75-cent Mad Max DVDs have been cancelled.
Old 10-29-01, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got mine too. Bah.
Old 10-29-01, 02:09 PM

Me too, just got the e-mail.
Old 10-29-01, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear DVD Express Customer,

We are contacting you regarding a recent order you placed containing the
item "Mad Max: Special Edition".

Unfortunately, at the time you first ordered this product, the weekend of
September 29, 2001, the price for this product was incorrectly listed at
$0.75. This was a mistake and the price was corrected to $14.96 on the
site once we discovered our error. Our site policy states that if a
product has been listed at an incorrect price, we reserve the right to
refuse or cancel your order for that product even if your order has been
confirmed.

As a result of our error, we are forced to remove this title from your
order. If this is the only item on your order, then your order will be
cancelled. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

If you would still like to order the Mad Max movie at the regular price of
$14.96, you may add this to your open order or create another order at any
time.

For further information regarding this policy please go to the link below.

http://www.dvdexpress.com/custservic...olicies2.asp#5

We apologize for this error and appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations
www.dvdexpress.com

So I wrote them back and told them I reserve the right to never shop their crappy store anymore. I thought it was a publicty stunt, and thought it gave them some positive pub. But now, they back on the s*** list...

CFG!
Old 10-29-01, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got mine too... Oh well.
Old 10-29-01, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by cornflakeguy

So I wrote them back and told them I reserve the right to never shop their crappy store anymore. I thought it was a publicty stunt, and thought it gave them some positive pub. But now, they back on the s*** list...

CFG!
CFG, you're my f***in hero!

I got the same email and will also never shop there again (that is, until the next misprice comes along and I jump off the cliff with all my fellow DVDTalk lemmings.... and I do mean that in a good way.)

*m*
Old 10-29-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got the cancellation email but I checked on their site and my order is still listed as pending-backordered.

I guess I will just live with the crappy Image release of Mad Max I already had.
Old 10-29-01, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cornflakeguy
[

CFG! [/B]

Similar to what I had replied with

"As stated in my terms as a customer, I reserve the right to never shop from DVD Express again. Have a nice second attempt at avoiding bankruptcy, and may all of your continued failures be spectacular.

- Another unsatisfied DVD Express user (please note I did not use say customer)"
Old 10-29-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guys are really quite lame. How do expect a company to ship out thousands of items mispriced at less than a dollar? I ordered it too, and it would have been nice if they honored it, but sending empty threats to these people will not help the situation any. Anyway, it is quite unlikely that most of you would have shopped there even if they honered the misprice . . .
Old 10-29-01, 04:39 PM

After being through a couple of un-honored misprices, this was the first deal I had to fight with myself not to attempt...
Old 10-29-01, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's how I decided to respond...

Dear Customer Relations Manager,

I had a feeling this e-mail would come eventually. I understand your company isn't in a financial position to fulfill the orders at the $.75 price. However, I'm sure you aware of the feeling of animosity that is stirring toward your company due to the error. I have read mixed postings about the reliability of your company in the past and present. This is a prime opportunity to earn the thousands of potential customers who ordered at this price. At $14.95, you are not going to yield the response you would want from these individuals. A search on http://www.dvdpricesearch.com yielded these results:

--DVD Price Check
Lowest Price: $ 12.85 (Playcentric.com)

Vendor Vendor Ratings Price Sales Tax
(State Unspecified) S&H
(USA) Discount Total Promotions Buy
DeepDiscountDVD $ 14.39 $ 0.00 $ 0.00 $ 14.39
DVD Empire $ 13.99 $ 0.00 $ 1.30 $ 15.29
Playcentric.com $ 12.85 $ 0.00 $ 2.99 $ 15.84
DVD Grand $ 15.99 $ 0.00 $ 0.00 $ 15.99
DVD Planet $ 13.98 $ 0.00 $ 2.50 $ 16.48
DVD Box Office $ 16.52 $ 0.00 $ 0.00 $ 16.52
CD Universe $ 13.99 $ 0.00 $ 2.99 $ 16.98
Amazon $ 14.98 $ 0.00 $ 2.98 $ 17.96 Coupons Available

As you can see, Deep Discount DVD is selling this item for $14.39 shipped. As a token of apology for the mistake that was made on your end, I would suggest creating a special link for the people that ordered this item at the wrong price, and pricing it below your cost. Imagine how much product you could move if the item was $12.99 shipped?! You've already got a database of people who want this. Why not take advantage of it by creating good will for your company and using it as a loss leader.

Well, that's my suggestion. If you decide to offer this item at a lower price, I'll be glad to order it again from you. Otherwise, good luck with your company. Take care.

...let's see what happens!
Old 10-29-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

has anyone mentioned the good 'ol days before. maybe we should have a good 'ol days thread.
Old 10-29-01, 05:36 PM
Banned

The b*stards cancelled mine as well.

I sent them an email telling them to reinstate my order or they lose me and alot of other customers also. I also told them that they cannot hide behind their policies in these circumstances. It is there responsibility to maintain the prices and cancelling orders we have confirmations for is shady at best.

So, they have a choice: Reinstate my order or I never shop there again and call the attorney generals office to file a complaint.

E
Old 10-29-01, 05:38 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Got mine cancelled too...dammit. Oh well, no real surprise I guess. I thought it was a longshot if it went through.
Old 10-29-01, 05:51 PM

Got one too .Not surprised,Oh well
Old 10-29-01, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

those bastards! i think i should order 500.00$ worth of merchandise and then realize that i'm paying the wrong price (way too much!!!) for it and cancel it.

oh well. all i can say was the madmax gave me a reason to buy/look at dvd express. without it i have no reason to ever hear their name again.
Old 10-29-01, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Poor choice on their part.

I'm sure that a lot of us will never do business with them again.
Old 10-29-01, 07:45 PM

At least they didn't just ship it and bill you the full price like Deep Discount DVD did on thier price goof.
Old 10-29-01, 10:37 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've shopped with them before and I'm sure I'll shop with them again. I don't see why people fly off the handle over something which has a) cost them nothing, and b) is a totally ridiculous mistake to begin with. I mean c'mon, 75 cents! I ordered it too, just in case, but I really never expected anything to come from it. The halcyon days are over, my friends. Reel.com went out of business doing what you want Express to do.
Old 10-29-01, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got it too. Just what I expected. Doesn't bother me in the least.
Old 10-30-01, 01:40 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by diacritic
You guys are really quite lame. How do expect a company to ship out thousands of items mispriced at less than a dollar? I ordered it too, and it would have been nice if they honored it, but sending empty threats to these people will not help the situation any. Anyway, it is quite unlikely that most of you would have shopped there even if they honered the misprice . . .
The whole problem is that they had the misprice up for at least 4 days so they must have known about it and only kept it 'open' to attract customers. For such a reason, I agree with boc4ever that at least a gesture of good will can be made.
Old 10-30-01, 02:45 AM

They sent my cancelation today in duplicate like the first email wasn't good enough.
Old 10-30-01, 08:04 AM

Woo hoo, I'm not cancelled!!!

YET.
Old 10-30-01, 12:55 PM

Got my cancellation also.
Told them I was calling the better business bureau and the attorney general of their state....not that it will do any good, but made me feel better.
Old 10-30-01, 01:33 PM

The days of Whine & Poses. State Attorney. Better Business Bureau. Why not bring in the U.N. Commission on Human Rights!.
They are cancelling on a pre-order that is still two months from release. You people need to get a grip on reality. They didn't cost you anything, you still have ample time to find the best pre-order price elsewhere. You are out of pocket nothing. They owe you nothing.

What next, will foiled shoplifters be writing complaining letters to retailers, demanding special discounts, or they will take their pilfering ways elsewhere!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.