Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's a low-priced item I can add to my Amazon order?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-01, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been e-mailed one of those $10 off $50 coupons from Amazon. I'd like to order a video game costing $49.99. What's the lowest-priced item I could add to my order to bump it over $50 so I can use the coupon?

I remember a long time ago, there was a title called (I paraphrase here) "Second World Conference on Urine Therapy" (no kidding!) that was like $0.49 or something. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, and I'm not sure how to do a search on Amazon products to find something cheap.

Any suggestions? And, thinking of the "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life" adage, how can I search for such items in the future?

Thanks,
Old 10-29-01, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is always "The Book of Hope" for $0.49, though this may increase your shipping charge (one extra book).

What you want is a cheap download as this will not affect your shipping charge. How do you find cheap downloads? Good question, if you figure it out, or find a cheap (say, under $2) download, post them.
Old 10-29-01, 03:59 AM

If you haven't already tried going through the check-out process, see if the coupon discount kicks in with just the game. Some of their dollar off coupons takes shipping and tax into consideration.

If this one of those anniversary coupons, it kicked in for me a couple months ago on a $45 purchase.
Old 10-29-01, 07:13 AM

I never thought about the downloads. Good point--if I can find out something, I'll let you know!

Yes, it IS an anniversary coupon. I'll go ahead and try it and see if it works. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-30-01, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<small>Originally by tenjin ... it kicked in for me a couple months ago on a $45 purchase.</small>
It kicked in for me also. My total was $41.16 after $10 coupon!