Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Gave Best Buy B&M another chance...never again.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-23-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,150 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I have purchased an overwhelming majority of my newly released titles over the past 6 months from DVDEmpire and have been very happy. I was tired of the Best Buy-->CostCo-->Circuit City ratrace looking for titles that no one had in stock on release Tuesday.

Since DVDEmpire's price on Monty Python Live was pretty lousy and the recent anthrax issues in DC may slow down the local mail, I decided to try Best Buy for MP Live and the new Holy Grail SE.

As soon as I got near the DVDs a surprisingly helpful floor associate asked me if I needed help finding everything. I told him what discs I was there for and he immediately replied that they had not gotten either of them in. "I put the new discs out today," he explained, "so I know what is on the shelves." We walked over to where they would have been just for the heck of it and...

8 new copies of MP Live. However, no copies of the Holy Grail SE disc so he was correct about that one.

For the 157th time or so, I am telling myself: "I shoulda' pre-ordered."