Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best GBA Rechargeable Battery Pack?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-01, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best GBA Rechargeable Battery Pack?

I'm finally going to break down and buy a rechargeable battery pack for my GBA if there are some good ones out there - what do you use and recommend? Pictures/Full Product Names/Best Prices you've found are all welcome too

I've personally been leaning towards the "PELICAN GBA POWER GRIP," as I bought the Power Grip for the GBC and was extremely satisfied, but I have yet to find any product reviews for it.

Last edited by Liquid Death; 10-21-01 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-22-01, 09:07 PM

No one?
Old 10-22-01, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have used the power grip, and I really like it, my hands are pretty big so it makes the GBA much more comfortable. the battery pack seems to last a good 6 hours or so even with the light hooked up to it.
Old 10-23-01, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by BigJohnStud
I have used the power grip, and I really like it, my hands are pretty big so it makes the GBA much more comfortable. the battery pack seems to last a good 6 hours or so even with the light hooked up to it.
I picked up the Power Grip today and it feels pretty good - I just tried it for a few minutes tho, but I like it thus far
Old 10-28-01, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
the best rechargable battery pack is the PowerPak from interact. it sticks out like a ten pound tumor, has a charging cradle with no LED to tell me whether the battery is on correctly, makes the GBA heavier. Why, you ask, is this such a good battery pack. because i got it at target for five bucks. on the plus side it does have pretty good charge and can function as an AC adaptor as well.
http://www.interactaccessories.com/frameset.asp

if not this then the Charger that pelican has that you can get a walmart. it has two battery packs. lasts a long time. only bulges out very slightly with the included battery cover. you can charge it by slipping the whole GBA in a slot while it charges the other battery in the back. the only hold back is the price. about 18 clams.

http://www.pelicanacc.com/search/detailed.php?id=94

Last edited by tanman; 10-28-01 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-28-01, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by Liquid Death

I picked up the Power Grip today and it feels pretty good - I just tried it for a few minutes tho, but I like it thus far
i got it but i returned it (gotta love wally world returns). to me the grip did not make much of a difference. plus would like to have two batteries. but it is a well made product.
Old 10-28-01, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best battery pack is the official Nintendo one. It fits flush in the system so you don't have to leave the battery cover off or anything, comes with a nice compact charger, and the battery comes with a plastic cover case. Works well with the LED indicator on the system. Only catch is, it's currently only available in Japan so you'll have to import it from NCS or Tronix.