Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

To those of you that ordered "From Here to Eternity" from Deep Discount DVD.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-01, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order with them for FHTE when the price was $0.17, and I just received a shipping notice for "From Here to Eternity", and they charged me $19.14. No "we've changed the price" email or anything, they just charged me full price, so I assume they will do the same to you. I've sent them an email with my original order confirmation, and a copy of the one I was just sent to see if they will rectify the situation.

Now a message to the "it's your own damn fault so give it up cause you tried to rip them off with a price error" people. They put the $0.17 price on their web page, and I jumped on the opportunity. Had they emailed me saying it was an incorrect price, and they would either cancel the order, or charge me $19.14, I would have cancelled the order.

Anyway, just a warning to those who ordered this DVD, and weren't expecting a $19.14 charge.
Old 10-16-01, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Damn...I hate it when stores just send you an item at a higher price without asking you to confirm the new price. I don't know how good DDD is about this kind of stuff, but if I had a bad experience about this kind of stuff with other stores.
Old 10-16-01, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: To those of you that ordered "From Here to Eternity" from Deep Discount DVD.

Originally posted by cartman
I placed an order with them for FHTE when the price was $0.17, and I just received a shipping notice for "From Here to Eternity", and they charged me $19.14. No "we've changed the price" email or anything, they just charged me full price, so I assume they will do the same to you. I've sent them an email with my original order confirmation, and a copy of the one I was just sent to see if they will rectify the situation.

Now a message to the "it's your own damn fault so give it up cause you tried to rip them off with a price error" people. They put the $0.17 price on their web page, and I jumped on the opportunity. Had they emailed me saying it was an incorrect price, and they would either cancel the order, or charge me $19.14, I would have cancelled the order.

Anyway, just a warning to those who ordered this DVD, and weren't expecting a $19.14 charge.
I wish to compliment you for being a true Evangelist. Why, you were magnanimous enough to forgive them their first mistake, and still order the item for the unheard of price of $0.17 delivered. But overlook a second mistake. Never. Who can blame you for being upset. An Evangelist might wait from here to eternity before getting another such chance to turn the favorable cheek. Let us all unite to punish them for such a dastardly deed. Let us not rest until we drive the consistently low price, and reliability leader out of business. Then we will all feel better for you, as we lament the shortage of sites to buy bargin DVDs from.
Old 10-16-01, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: To those of you that ordered "From Here to Eternity" from Deep Discount DVD.

Originally posted by net results

I wish to compliment you for being a true Evangelist. Why, you were magnanimous enough to forgive them their first mistake, and still order the item for the unheard of price of $0.17 delivered. But overlook a second mistake. Never. Who can blame you for being upset. An Evangelist might wait from here to eternity before getting another such chance to turn the favorable cheek. Let us all unite to punish them for such a dastardly deed. Let us not rest until we drive the consistently low price, and reliability leader out of business. Then we will all feel better for you, as we lament the shortage of sites to buy bargin DVDs from.
What in the sam hill are you rambling about?
Old 10-16-01, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by net results

Spoken like a newbie!

What in the sam hill are you rambling about?
In so many words he is saying you are a loser for taking advantage of this company and crying about the fact that you got charged full price!

Last edited by bmello; 10-16-01 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-16-01, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bmello

Spoken like a newbie!
Go check the "Mad Max 95% off at Express" to see even more of his lovely insight.

Originally posted by bmello
In so many words he is saying you are a loser for taking advantage of this company and crying about the fact that you got charged full price!
I guess he neglected to read the middle paragraph in my first post...

Last edited by cartman; 10-16-01 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-16-01, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for reminding me. I went ahead and cancelled mine. I have about two or three wars going already, and i don't feel like fighting with DDD.
Old 10-16-01, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mine was shipped as well. What makes it especially groovy is that I accidentally ordered 3 copies (yes, it was an accident) but then figured why bother cancelling. I should know better by now.
Old 10-16-01, 02:42 PM

I just called them and mine shipped as well. I told them I would refuse shipment and they said they'd credit me back once they got the dvd back.

I'm dissapointed that they didn't send me a email saying it was a mistaker and giving me the chance to cancel before they billed me for the new price.
Old 10-16-01, 04:22 PM

blahhh... I doubt I'll bother to deal with DDD on this one, but dam, look at their website:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=COL005319

Normal preorder price listed is 17.42?!!! What gives? They not only charge us more than the .17 without asking us, they charge us more than the normal preorder price?
Old 10-16-01, 05:33 PM

I called C/S and wanted to know why $.017 wasn't honored ?
"Sorry it was a mistake on our website"
Why am I charged more than what you are selling it for now ?
"I don't know but we can adjust the price to $16.94"
WTF ?!?!?!
I'm not trying to "break" this Company but I think they should be held responsible for the original price listed.
Now I have to wait for DVD to arrive and refuse package and return it before my CC is credited. Wrong way to handle situation.
I may have been inticed to keep the disc if they had knocked a couple of bucks off but only "discounting" purchase by .48 ???
Old 10-16-01, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Aghama
Mine was shipped as well. What makes it especially groovy is that I accidentally ordered 3 copies (yes, it was an accident) but then figured why bother cancelling. I should know better by now.
I can beat that one. I ordered 1 at .17, didn't care if it was full price or not. I figured worht the chance for a movie I'd probably end up getting anyways. Something in their system boofed, and it didn't put me down for 1, it put me down for 10 of them....

I just got shipping confirmation
Old 10-16-01, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Guys. Talk to your credit card company NOW. These guys are totally f*cked up. See, not only did they charge your credit card without authorization or notification of a price change, but they also went ahead and CANCELLED the previous order you made, and actually submitted a NEW order without permission! Check the order numbers and the dates.
Old 10-16-01, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tesiae
Guys. Talk to your credit card company NOW. These guys are totally f*cked up. See, not only did they charge your credit card without authorization or notification of a price change, but they also went ahead and CANCELLED the previous order you made, and actually submitted a NEW order without permission! Check the order numbers and the dates.
GEEZ! I didn't notice that before! Bad DDD! BAD DDD!
Old 10-16-01, 07:37 PM

I called and they said they would refund me $1 and whatever cents to bring the price to the 17.42 on the website... which is a perfectly fine price with me, really, (cause this film is one of the best ever).
Old 10-17-01, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: To those of you that ordered "From Here to Eternity" from Deep Discount DVD.

I read your middle paragraph

But, and I'm not saying you're one of them, I've heard a ton of people here complain even when they got their email stating that it was an error in price and that it was unfair that they didn't get it at the original misprice. and on and on...

case in point...

Originally posted bykranke
I'm not trying to "break" this Company but I think they should be held responsible for the original price listed.
Except that mistakes like that would bankrupt a company. Even one as big as Amazon (who does this much more frequently than DDD).

Sure, DDD screwed up here, but they are an excellent company with very competetive prices (often the lowest).

I agree - shipping at a new price is certainly wrong on their part. But, it's just as wrong as ordering the dvd for $0.17. You didn't actually think they'd ship like this, did you? C'mon, the days of 20 off 20 are long gone, and so are the companies that wound up doing things like this (well, most of them
Old 10-17-01, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD has a history of not honoring misprices and charging full price without notification going back to their very first week online. Back then when they first hit the scene someone pointed out they mispriced URBAN LEGENDS/URBAN LEGENDS 2 two-pack for around $17 instead of $35 or whatever, not an obvious misprice so they should have honored it considering it was their first week online, BUT they proceeded to charge credit cards more than was authorized. I guess the lesson is never to jump on a misprice at DDD, but how can you know if its a misprice when they sell things like the SPACE 1999 boxed sets for only 19.99?!
Old 10-17-01, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Maliboo
DDD has a history of not honoring misprices and charging full price without notification going back to their very first week online. Back then when they first hit the scene someone pointed out they mispriced URBAN LEGENDS/URBAN LEGENDS 2 two-pack for around $17 instead of $35 or whatever, not an obvious misprice so they should have honored it considering it was their first week online, BUT they proceeded to charge credit cards more than was authorized. I guess the lesson is never to jump on a misprice at DDD, but how can you know if its a misprice when they sell things like the SPACE 1999 boxed sets for only 19.99?!
I suggest you search DDD they did honor this and some other misprices but no way will any company honor a .17 item.

Addition they should of contacted you about the error thou

Last edited by strife; 10-17-01 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-17-01, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: To those of you that ordered "From Here to Eternity" from Deep Discount DVD.

Originally posted by Splatt

I read your middle paragraph

But, and I'm not saying you're one of them, I've heard a ton of people here complain even when they got their email stating that it was an error in price and that it was unfair that they didn't get it at the original misprice. and on and on...
You said it yourself. Had they sent an email saying it was their fault, and that they would either cancel the order, or charge me the $18, I would have cancelled, but they didn't. They, without my permission, cancelled my order, placed a new one, and charged my card $19.14, which, at this point, was not authorized by me. $0.17 was authorized by me.
Old 10-17-01, 08:38 PM

Looks like they are doing the price change on shipment for other titles too. Check out lasermovies post on http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=148634
Old 10-17-01, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jimbo
Looks like they are doing the price change on shipment for other titles too. Check out lasermovies post on http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=148634
You are correct about Deeep Discount trying to change the order price on me. However, they are going to give me a refund after complaining about the price change without authorization. They did make it more difficult then it needed to be, it required two phone calls and an e-mail to get a $2.30 refund!
Old 10-18-01, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I emailed them on Tuesday simply asking for an RMA, and I got this yesterday:

Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customer,

We would like to offer our apologies for any confusion as a result of your
order of “From Here to Eternity.” An error occurred on our web site which
briefly listed the price of the item as $.17, unfortunately we unaware of
the error until after the product shipped from our warehouse at the correct
price. If you ordered the product at $.17 and were billed the $17.42 price
we will certainly refund your money upon return of the product.

We regret any trouble this has caused you and hope that you will accept our
apologies as well as a 10% discount off your next order. Your discount code
is listed below. We appreciate your support of DeepDiscountDVD.com and hope
that you still use DeepDiscountDVD.com for all your future DVD needs.
Old 10-18-01, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Aghama
I emailed them on Tuesday simply asking for an RMA, and I got this yesterday:
I got a similar email and replied back to him and told him I was charged a $19 price and not a $17 price as he stated in his email. I also asked him about the changed order numbers and to verify that I'd get the $19 price refunded to me.
Old 10-18-01, 09:01 AM

I have a solution to this whole mess. I hope people who work at the online stores read this and implement it.

The first 10 (or 5 or 2 or 1) people who email the store reporting a misprice should get the DVD at the misprice. This would a) create a new, inexpensive (free) Quality Assurance group - problems would be fixed much faster before they became Big problems; b) save the company a lot of money in handling customer complaints; c) encourage site traffic - people would be more likely to visit and troll the site looking for misprices.
Old 10-18-01, 09:03 AM

I too received an e-mail from DDD informing me of their error and offering a 10% coupon. Two points I'd like to make, first is DDD is very customer service oriented and even they do on occasion make goofs they try to make it right. Second point is if they do make a goof and the consumer try's to take advantage of the goof by ordering, the order and it's confirmation is not a contract. I know this is an emotional issue but the bottom line is there is no contract which means we were fortunate to get the coupon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.