Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dvd Lair

Old 10-14-01, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd Lair

Anyone know whats up with the DVD LAIR are they legit?Should I order from them? Is there website always experiencing difficulties?
Old 10-14-01, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDLair is legit but it's a pretty touchy subject right now. They originally had a 30% off coupon as a reward for playing their trivia game but many people abused it, ordering $1000+ worth of movies in hopes of reselling them. Even worse, most people didn't play the trivia game but just used the code after seeing it on message boards. DVDLair is now going through all of the orders that used the 30% coupon to see if they actually registered and played the game for the code.

They're cancelling a lot of orders for people that used the coupon without playing the trivia game. The bad thing is that they're claiming their CC refused the charge as the reason the orders were cancelled. However from what I hear the cancellations are actually pretty random.

All but one disc from my first order have shipped but I'm still waiting on my second order, which was the Tenchi Universe Collection. I really hope they don't cancel that.
Old 10-14-01, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
D Banner,

Welcome to DVDTalk.

Please try to do a search before you post a new topic, or at least look through a few days' worth of posts.

As mentioned above, there are a few ongoing DVDLair discussions, including at least two in this forum:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=147936

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=130811

Thanks.

Closing this thread.

-stevevt