Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DOA3. How exclusive?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-01, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DOA3. How exclusive?

I really don't want to get an X-box, but I may have to get one to get DOA3 (Dead or alive 3).

Does anyone think this will be released for the cube in the near future? ANyone heard any rumors?
Old 10-08-01, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have heard rumors of it being as exclusive as DOA2 was to the Dreamcast. That is to say that months down the line, you may see a port on either the PS2 or Cube. This is just a RUMOR though. I shall say one thing though, the things Team Ninja said about Tekken 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 in comparison to their own title has made me not want DOA3 even more. Here's the link to it:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=148049
Old 10-08-01, 01:11 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOA3 is exclusive for now. The Gamecube could certainly handle it, but I doubt it would be released until 6 months after the XBox version. Here are some comments by the DOA3 creator about the Xbox:

So how does Itagaki like developing for the Xbox? "The Xbox is wonderful," explains Itagaki, "of course everyone says so, but it truly is wonderful. The power level is great -- in the graphics and the hard drive. The graphics speak for itself, but the HD makes gameplay that much faster."

He may not like converting his game over to a console without a HD or the graphic capabilities of the Xbox. But no one really knows.

Right now, he is grabbing the #1 fighter spot on the XBox like Soul Caliber did over on the Dreamcast.
Old 10-09-01, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by AgtFox
... I shall say one thing though, the things Team Ninja said about Tekken 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 in comparison to their own title has made me not want DOA3 even more.
Please elaborate.
Old 10-09-01, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by mmconhea

Please elaborate.
I think I feel similar to the way AgtFox does about Team Ninja's comments, I mean that guy is even more stubborn than Nintendo's president Yamauchi who looks and talks like nothing else matters. I was sort of looking forward to DOA3 but the way he bashed other games mercilessly just shows how immature and self centered he really is. That is a big turn off for me, I would have thought they were more intelligent than that.

Well respected developers like Miyamoto and Hideo (producer of metal gear) don't flame other companies games like Tenchu or even the parts in Majora's mask where you have to sneak into the Pirate fortress by avoiding guards and say they are crap. Thats the 13 year-old strategy of trying to attact attention saying "ME! ME! ME!e", luckily most people on this board aren't buying that and see DOA3 for the technical and gameplay merits it has. I for one usually end up smashing buttons when i play it but I never got a chance to actually learn the moves. I'll try out DOA3 when it comes out, getting back on topic I am pretty sure it will come out for other systems later down the road as thats what happened with DOA2. Even if other systems don't have an HD(PS2 will?) I don't think most people mind the loading times (I don't), its usually just a few seconds anyway.
Old 10-09-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mmconhea
Please elaborate.
Basically they ripped Tekken 4 and they kind of danced around Virtua Fighter 4 being not as good as DOA3. In fact, I think he talked about VF4 being in line with DOA2. He was much more careful with his words about VF4 than Tekken 4 though.

If you want to know what he said, check the link I left in the post above. I never really liked DOA2 and don't wish to get DOA3. I am a fighting game player, but I enjoy the SF, Tekken and VF line of games along with many others. DOA never really got me excited though, but many people love DOA.
Old 10-09-01, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Outlaw

I think I feel similar to the way AgtFox does about Team Ninja's comments, I mean that guy is even more stubborn than Nintendo's president Yamauchi who looks and talks like nothing else matters. I was sort of looking forward to DOA3 but the way he bashed other games mercilessly just shows how immature and self centered he really is. That is a big turn off for me, I would have thought they were more intelligent than that.
While his comments were very bad form, I wouldn't say he's anywhere near as bad as Yamauchi. He's not making broad blanket statements about his competitor's entire product line with absolutely no good cause and no developer experience to back it up. The Team Ninja guy's comments mirror what others have said (Tekken 2D gameplay, VF not evolving very quickly) and he gives reasons for everything he says. I think it's pretty clear he actually feels that way and is not just unreasonably lashing out, Yamauchi-style. However, though it also draws attention, I'm not sure how smart it is considering it has clearly alienated the Tekken fanatics.

(For the record, I liked VF3 & Soul Calibur way more than DOA2, but there's no denying that DOA2 is a high caliber game. Tekken, er... )
Old 10-10-01, 08:24 AM

but isn't that just the way competition is. I mean if this guy spends his life making these games, isn't he going to try to get one up on the competition whenever he gets the chance?

I'm not defending his comments, because I played little of tekken and haven't touched VF3, but I just feel that those types of comments are a great way to get some hype to to your fans.

Anyways I only liked DOA2 for the T&A factor. That's what he should bashed the other games for:

"Virtua Fighter 4 only gets the breast up to the level of DOA2....
Tekken has square breasts that are not trully 3-D while DOA3 has fully interractive breasts."