Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazon Germany Shipping

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Amazon Germany Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-01, 01:26 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Germany Shipping

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced extreamly slow shipping from Amazon Germany. It doesn't seem to matter which shipping option I pick, I don't receive the DVD's for about a month. Yet they seem happy to charge me quite a bit for it.

Any similar problems or suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 09-24-01, 01:40 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of International shopping and shipping... we in the antipodes have been experiencing such delivery times from the US for a long long time - and high costs :-)

regards, Tim...
Old 09-24-01, 02:18 AM
Cool New Member

Actually, I buy DVD's from all over the world and get them in a reasonable amount of time, so I found this to be unusual. That's why I was asking if anyone else found Amazon Germany to be particularly slow.
Old 09-24-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I have ordered a few DVDs from Amazon.com in Germany and it has taken forever to receive them.I can order from Japan,England ,Belguim or Australia and receive them in a week.I am talking over 4 weeks in getting something shipped from Germany.Slow customs I guess.
Old 09-24-01, 12:39 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you dvd-4-life! At least I know it's not just me : )

Do you order from Amazon Germany? Or do you use another DVD site in Germany?
Old 09-24-01, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I order just from Amazon.com Germany.
Old 09-24-01, 01:17 PM

Anything I've ever ordered from Amazon Germany has arrived within a few days - I'm in Europe so shipping is going to be much quicker locally. However, the speedy service I've experienced shows that they do despatch stuff quickly (I assume you get an email when they've sent the items?). So - sorry for stating the obvious here - it must be something to do with the shipping company (or companies) that are used. It might be worth writing to their customer services and asking about this, as maybe they'll look into a speedier basic shipping method for items to the US.
From a reverse point of view, anything I've ever ordered from Amazon US has normally taken 1-2 weeks to get to me in Europe...
Old 09-24-01, 01:26 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To amplify what Dazza said....

.... US to UK is usually two weeks for me (sent the less expensive way by CDNow or Amazon). I think it takes a little longer now than in 1999 and 2000.
Old 09-25-01, 09:00 AM

I just got Serial Lover from Amazon.De. It took a little over a month. My Amazon.UK order arrived in about 8-10 days however. I am still waiting on my In the Mood for Love from Amazon.Fr.