Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Circuit City teaching their staff to lie???

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-18-01, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Circuit City, at lunch, looking for the many new releases, scheduled to come out today and came out empty-handed. One of the employees told me that due to events of last week, they didn't get any new stuff. Don't they get these items weeks in advance? Wal-Mart which is about two miles away had most of what I was looking for.....
Old 09-18-01, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Reportedly, Circuit City is in very serious financial straits, so suppliers might be hesitating to extend credit.
Old 09-18-01, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
They have lied to me right to my face before and I have not shopped there since.
Old 09-18-01, 01:11 PM

Same thing happened to me, when my brother went to go pick my DVD's up for me they didnt have any of the new releases in stock.

Every other store has managed to get their stock in on time, so I wouldnt be suprised if its more an issue of their finances, and who they go thru for their titles, then the tragity that occured last tuesday.

So, even though it cost me a few bucks more, I went to Best Buy and picked up Basic Instinct and Cape Fear. I will never again support Circut City.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks II
Old 09-18-01, 01:59 PM

They lie on the commercials. Why not do it for real in the stores?

Haven't you all seen the commercial for DirecTV where the guy is asking about sports channels and the wife comes over, so the employee says something like "Yes, there are many channels of eductional programming" to cover the husband's ass?

If they lie right in the commercials, does it surprise you that they lie in the store?
Old 09-18-01, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Funk
They lie on the commercials. Why not do it for real in the stores?

Haven't you all seen the commercial for DirecTV where the guy is asking about sports channels and the wife comes over, so the employee says something like "Yes, there are many channels of eductional programming" to cover the husband's ass?

If they lie right in the commercials, does it surprise you that they lie in the store?

WORD Funk!

Actually I was suprised to find that Circuit Citys in KC were selling American Werewolf in London, Total Recall, and unrated Basic Instinct for $2.00 cheaper than Best Buy. Cape Fear (1991 SE), was $3.00 cheaper at Circuit City.

Is it just me or has Best Buy recently jacked up there prices.

cheers, Tony Block
Old 09-19-01, 07:57 AM

I buy dvds at CC all the time, but don't bother asking employees if a certain title is out or not. It becomes a complete waste of my time. The customer service is horrible. If I don't see it on the shelf I just go somewhere else.