Old 09-12-01, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will only be playing CT in counterstrike

for a while.. The 747 map seems less fun
Old 09-13-01, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I've ALWAYS played a CT... primarily because I'm a fan of the Colt, but also because I like being a good guy . I don't know if I'll be able to play for awhile...
Old 09-13-01, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
This is all that comes up when you visit www.counter-strike.net

Wednesday September 12 2001
The Counter-Strike web site is closed out of respect for those who lost their lives in the senseless acts of terrorism on Tuesday. Our hearts go out to those dealing with the loss of friends and family members. Regular site operations will continue later this week.

-- CS Team
Old 09-14-01, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I was playing a game yesterday.. felt odd playing as a terrorist..

I will be play as CT for now on.
Old 09-15-01, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somehow...i don't think there's that big a deal when playing as terrorist if people understand that it's just a game that they're playing and is not intended to be carried on in real life...

it's only when people start doing stupid things like putting their name as osama bin laden when i get really angry...

but besides that...although i am deeply saddened by the terrorist acts...i don't think i can bring myself to share that same hatred that i have towards the cowardly terrorists and apply them towards the terrorist side in a simple little game.

J
Old 09-15-01, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by OjasonleeO

it's only when people start doing stupid things like putting their name as osama bin laden when i get really angry...

but besides that...although i am deeply saddened by the terrorist acts...i don't think i can bring myself to share that same hatred that i have towards the cowardly terrorists and apply them towards the terrorist side in a simple little game.

J
Trust me my friend.. I have seen this happen. people doing stupid things in the games.. I jump from teams to teams, but if the team mates start saying stupid shyte, i jump on the other team and just whale them a good one.
Old 09-16-01, 12:23 AM

yeah...lol...that's why i like to do too...

for example...today...when i was playing...somebody had the name:

Arab Killer

i dunno about you...but even though im extremely infuriated with the terrorists...i really dont think these types of names in a game involving Terrorists/Counter-Terrorists is really appropriate...
Old 09-17-01, 01:55 AM

same here.. ir eally don't feel like playing anymore.. i would play CT anyways if I played.. but i don't no more.. it's a horrible event and playing this game, win or lose is no fun...
Old 09-17-01, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

i must say, killing a terrorist never felt so good.
Old 09-17-01, 09:23 AM

Location: 1st Star to the right and straight until morning! ^^;
I was playing CS today and was blown away by the unbalaned teams. It was a odd feeling and semi funny how it almost portait a meaning when you see the teams are Terrorists 20 people and Couter Terrorists 8.

I personally found it a bit funny game wise but the message was clear in a real sense if you where to make a relation to what happened last week.

I think there are some weapons of advangate on both sides whichever you choose. I like the T's because of the AK, sig commando and duel Berreta 92Fs. On the CT side I like the AR-15.

I find some of the recreations of the recoil and sounds to not be as life like as it should be. I guess I've been to used to using my own guns and the real sound of firing.

Well back to work.

Pix.