Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SSX for PS2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-01, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SSX for PS2

For all you SSX fans out there, I have a question. In the World Circuit, I have the snowboarder Keori, and she is at Superstar status. I got Gold on all of the Showoffs, and Gold on all the races except 2. Mesablanca and Eyslem Alps. I tried to find shortcuts in both, and I have, but they still don't work. I always get to the Final Round, and I get 3rd most the time. Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-01, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, you obviously haven't found ALL the shortcuts... keep practicing. In E.Alps you should be able to school the others.

There's a big ramp with rails on either side followed by a narrow bottleneck... be sure to go through the SSX glass paine on the left after this (important shortcut) and then make all the jumps and the important tree railslide at the end. ALSO, don't try to go back and forth around those large glass barriers during the final leg... get up on the side (you'll see a thin icy batch that goes the entire length) just boost all the way down (seemingly defying gravity).

In mesa... it's important to get the mineshaft shortcut. Don't enter though the boarded hole just before the bridge... but enter earlier (you'll see the old wooden frame thing.... and you'll have to switch rails once)... Also, as soon as you exit the mine shaft there another important exit to the left (break the glass & take it)...

Those shorcuts alone should allow you to win.

Check out the walkthough and course maps at ign.com if you still need help.
Old 09-08-01, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks