Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

problems with Staples.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Ok, I ordered three Visor Deluxe from Staples.com on Aug. 20. I received the software no problem. I called and they said it was out of stock, so I asked them to change the Visor blue to the Visor green on all three of them, and they said that the item was IN STOCK and that they would be shipped within a few days. Two of them came, and one was MIA. I called back much later to find out that one of them had been cancelled (they never e-mailed me or called me). I then ask to see if they would ship it out again, and they tell me the item is out of stock. I call them the day after that, and the item is out of stock IN MY AREA, but that they would ship it from another warehouse. Lets see if it does come.

Now, lets go to the billing portion. They billed me $60 for the software almost immediately. Later, they billed me an additional $149.99 and $199.99. I called them and they tell me that the offer is only good "one per customer" so after yelling at them for a while, I hung up. Next day, I called and they gave me the price of $149.99 for each visor and also said that they would remove the $60 for each one. (All prices are before tax)

Now, I wasn't expecting the Visors for $60, but after all the hassle I went through, they still billed me incorrectly (meaning $210 and $270) on 2 of the visors, and cancelled the third one WITHOUT notifying me.

OK, today I ordered the Brother Label Maker. I get an e-mail two hours later saying that the item was out of stock. Why would a company as big as Staples not have real time inventory?

Well, just letting you guys know my less than pleasant experience with Staples.com. I would not buy from them again unless there's a really good deal listed (and I have a lot of time to fight with the CSRs).
Old 09-07-01, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend had a problem like this with Staples about 2 weeks ago.. He ordered an MP3 Player from staples.com. It said 1 Day for delivery and he threw in a bag of rubber bands to bring his order over $150 to use a $25 coupon... so the next day, he gets an email saying the Rubber bands were going out UPS and would be delivered the next day, but the MP3 Player was going by staples courier and would be delivered next week (7 days from the date of order.) My friend was very upset as he wanted the item before the weekend.

He called staples and he was informed that the item was out of stock in their warehouse and they were shipping it to him directly from Ingram Micro (their distributor.) After some complaining, they told him they would send him a $20 coupon good in store or online with no minimum purchase required.

Funny thing was, the MP3 Player arrived the next day, but the rubber bands didn't!!
Old 09-07-01, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dpham00,

You said:

Why would a company as big as Staples not have real time inventory?

I think you answered your own question. Think about it for a second. 'Large' and 'Real time'. Would you be willing to pay significantly higher prices to finance this?

If you can't handle this then you should just shop at B&M's.