Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WOW--UNBELIEVABLE Service from Eurekamovies.com (VCDs)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-06-01, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

If you're going to buy legal VCDs for movies not yet on DVD, I highly recommend eurekamovies.com!!!

I recently placed an order from eurekamovies.com for the fully-licenced Star Wars VCDs. This company has great prices and is in Malaysia so they had to ship through customs. Turns out my package was SEIZED by customs, even though they were legal issues.

Now get this: eurekamovies took it upon themselves to RESEND them at no cost to me. I can't believe it. Most companies have disclaimers that if your package is seized by customs, too bad.

Here's the email I got from them:

Hello, Christopher.

Thank you for your email.

We had found out from Fedex on 4-Sept-01 that your parcel was seized by the US customs. Frankly, we would like to inform you that it is in fact that all the VCDs that we sell are ORIGINAL. Due to this, we have complaint on this matter however Fedex informed that this is out of their control as if the US customs suspects that the VCDs are non-original, they would confiscate it immediately.

Honestly, we feel that it is not fair to us as they did not request for any proof / documents from us to show that we are actually sending original VCDs, but they had seized it even before informing us.

Since we do not wish to delay further on your order, we had resent your order via DHL on the same day, 4-Sept-01. You may track the delivery status from DHL at (http://www.dhl.com) with the tracking number XXXXXXXXX.

Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience to you.

If there is anyway else I can help, please feel free to
contact me.

Thank you.

Best regards
Eureka Movies
Old 09-07-01, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaysian VCD's

This highlights the importance of using a good quality store for VCD's. There are lot's out there selling pirate movies and providing a really bad service. I would say that I only trust about 11 stores with my VCD orders and I have listed them here because I would hate to see the pirates winning and ruining what is a great industry. I agree that Eureka are one of the best.

Did you get the Phantom menace as well - the quality of this picture wise is about the best I have seen on a VCD?
    Old 09-07-01, 08:23 AM
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Malaysian VCD's

Originally posted by waynnez
    Did you get the Phantom menace as well - the quality of this picture wise is about the best I have seen on a VCD?

No, since it's coming out on DVD in a month, I decided not to. I got the Star Wars trilogy, the Back to the Future trilogy, the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie and the Joy Luck Club--none of which are on DVD yet. The kicker is that with coupon and getting the JLC free with three movies, I only paid about $6.50/movie shipped! That's what bowled me over about the fact that they resent it when customs seized by first package. That means they've paid for a second shipping and the cost of 8 VCDs just to make me happy. That's incredible!
    Old 09-07-01, 10:19 AM
    DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got my movies and I have to say WOW! I had no idea VCDs were this good. I've been holding onto my VHS versions of BTTF and Star Wars because I've read about pixilization issues with VCDs, etc. But now that I've watched them on my 32" Sony TV, I have to say the VCDs are at least as good as the VHS versions. I'm getting rid of all the remaining VHS tapes I have and switching to VCD and DVD only. For only about $6.50 for a VCD, you can't go wrong.
    Old 10-01-01, 05:29 PM
    Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
    Special offers

I remember this post - and I Just got my October newsletter that is giving 10% cashback on Eureka Movies orders - for details on how to claim you can see the D8a Newsletter there are also a couple of other 2 free VCD's when you spend over $50!

PS: he Pelican Brief on VCD is really good - I'd never seen the movie before!!!