Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Wait time

Old 08-29-01, 10:58 PM
HC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD Wait time

I know the free shipping from DeepDiscountDVD.com takes a while but is this normal?

Shipped 8/15....it's now 8/29 and still havent recieved it. Im from So. Cali, so should I worry yet???

sorry, I just hate running to the mailbox and finding nothing...

and while Im at it.. (since no one is responding to the TotalActionUniverse thread) has anyone not recieved their order from TotalActionUniverse during the free shipping weekend??????

thanks
Old 08-30-01, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find myself in a very similar situation as yours. I had an order ship on 8/16 and have not received it. I also live in the same state. This actually is the longest I have had to wait for a shipment from Deep Discount since ordering from them.
Old 08-30-01, 10:04 AM

Am also getting a bit worried. "Wicker Man LE" shipped on 8/16 and it is now 8/30 and no sign of it.
Old 08-30-01, 02:20 PM
HC

whew...thought it was only me.

Guess it could just be a California thing. But I still don't thing it should take THAT long.
Old 08-30-01, 02:35 PM

My Killer Klowns hasn't shipped yet from DeepDD, when for an extra 6 bits for the CAlif sales tax I coulda grabbed it last Saturday at BBuy.

Also, i think the Post Office employees are all on vacation this month. It's the government, you know, the P.O. back rooms probably look like Scrooge McDuck's money bin except filled with mail instead of $$$$$.
Old 08-30-01, 02:56 PM

OVER HERE

"shipped 8.17" but i'm sitting here empty handed!
Old 08-30-01, 04:21 PM

My order supposedly shipped on 8/21. Nothing so far. I wonder how long I'll have to wait to watch Memento.

This was my first order with DDD. Probably my last too.
Old 08-30-01, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Funk
My order supposedly shipped on 8/21. Nothing so far. I wonder how long I'll have to wait to watch Memento.

This was my first order with DDD. Probably my last too.
If this is a Post Office problem you shouldn't fault Deep Discount for the delay.

For a comparison I currently have two separate orders from DVD Empire being shipped media mail. One was shipped exactly one week ago today, and the other a week tomorrow. I am curious to see if my DVD Empire orders arrive before my Deep Discount order, or at least takes less days.
Old 08-30-01, 05:20 PM

I am beginning to think there are some major PO issues lately. I had a dvd order get returned to the vendor after 2 weeks without the post office even trying to deliver it. I bet that lazy f$#@ just brought it home, watched it, then returned it. I gotta start using UPS more...
Old 08-30-01, 06:32 PM
HC

UPDATE

Still waiting on DeepDiscountDVD...it's 8/30 still no package.

Same thing with TotalActionUniverse.com, still waiting. I emailed TotalActionUniverse asking for a shipping date, but they ignored my request for a date and just said that my order was shipped.

Just a question, how much does it cost DeepDiscountDVD to ship a single DVD through Media Mail? I was thinking because it only cost about $0.99 to ship an audio cd First Class, so a DVD shipped First Class may only be like $1.50. If DDD can ship a DVD first class as the free shipment method, since it might not be that much more than Media,...we would wait less!!!!

oh ya, is everyone that is still waiting from California?????
Old 08-31-01, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, FWIW, I've recently ordered several items from DDD, and they regularly arrived 3 days after shipping (via media media). I'm in Michigan and the orders are shipped from IL

I also just tried my first order from DVD Empire, for a couple of items that DDD didn't have listed, and that order also took 3 days media mail, shipped from PA

All things considered, I'm very satisfied with DDD
Old 08-31-01, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I decided to call Deep Discount today since my order still has not arrived after 15 days. They said they are having quite a few complaints with orders shipped to Southern California being delayed. The customer service rep. told me to give the order until the middle of next week before they will consider replacing it. From my talk with the customer service rep. it sounds like shipments to Southern California have been an on going problem of being delayed or lost. This is the first order that has either been delayed or lost from Deep Discount.

I should add that one of my current orders from DVD Empire arrived today by media mail after 8 days. I have one more that I expect should arrive tomorrow.

I think anyone with a delayed order should contact Deep Discount to at least let them know of your situation, and at least find out how much longer you should wait before they will replace it.
Old 08-31-01, 05:05 PM
HC

thanks for the info Laser!!!

I might have to call them if I don't recieve it by Friday or Saturday.

I hope they would still be able to replace my order because it was a Maniac Tin..........

oh ya, I also have another order from them that was sent on 8/21......still no sign of the package also
Old 08-31-01, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recently has 2 items shipped a day apart from DDD. The second item arrived within a week...but the first item took 2 weeks to get to me. But it did get here.
Old 09-01-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
It sounds like shipments to Southern California have been an on going problem of being delayed or lost.
Yeah, I'm in So Cal and I've had orders take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Not worth it in my opinion.

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
I should add that one of my current orders from DVD Empire arrived today by media mail after 8 days.
My orders from DVD Empire seem to arrive quicker. Received 2 packages on 8/30 that were shipped 8/24, although I'm still waiting on a package that shipped on 8/20. Go figure??
Old 09-04-01, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am also in So. Cal, and haven't had any problems (yet). I had one order ship on 8/21 and it took a week and a day to get here. Maybe your postman just doesn't like you.
Old 09-04-01, 12:00 PM

Gripe all you want about the delays, but you have to give Deep Discount credit for having a customer service phone number with a real live person to talk to.

Just think about all the other DVD vendors who will ONLY communicate with you via e-mail.

Just makes Deep Discount look really good!
Old 09-04-01, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally received my Deep Discount order today after 19 days.
Old 09-04-01, 07:52 PM
HC

UPDATE

I called DDD this morning and they told me that if my 8/15 order does not arrive by Thursday, they will resend it to me. And if my 8/21 order does not arrive by Friday, they will also send me another one.

But today my order shipped on 8/15 arrived today in great shape. Just waiting on my other order. Overall Im pretty satisfied, I guess So. Cali has to wait a little longer on orders.

Oh ya, my Total Action Universe order arrived last week, took a while but it still made it.
Old 09-05-01, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I live about 10 miles from DDD and it took over 2 weeks to get a shipment from them-you get what you pay for-free shipping
Old 09-05-01, 10:42 AM

It does take them a while
Old 09-05-01, 04:15 PM

STILL waiting on an order that supposedly shipped on 8/21 ... and I live in Pennsylvania. They said they won't do a thing about it until Friday.
Old 09-05-01, 06:42 PM

I finally got my "Wicker Man LE" today 9/5. It was shipped on 8/16. What a relief since I've heard DDD has run out copies.
Old 09-06-01, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My 8/16 order finally arrived yesterday.

Oddly, an order I placed over a week later arrived over a week earlier.... Clearly there was a problem with orders taken during a specific time last month, and headed toward So Cal...

Anyone know why the site seems to be down right now?
Old 09-06-01, 07:00 PM

Oddly, an order I placed over a week later arrived over a week earlier.... Clearly there was a problem with orders taken during a specific time last month, and headed toward So Cal...
Same thing with me. 2 parts of the same order: 1st part shipped on 8/21 and hasn't arrived yet. 2nd part shipped on 8/31 and arrived today! Weird....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.