Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon pushing shipping dates forward??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-01, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pre-ordered the Goonies from amazon and used a gift cert...for a grand total of $11.71.

So i still haven't got it yet. Every time i check the order, the shipping date moves further into the future!

Last week it was Aug 27th, and a few days ago it was aug 29th, and now it's Sept 3!!!!

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what do you do about it?

Argh!!

Andy
Old 08-29-01, 11:16 PM

While this is not exactly the situation that you are dealing with, I am in a similiar position. Last Wednesday (8/22/2001), I ordered a box set that was available in 24hrs and a single dvd that was released the day before that was supposedly available in 2-3 days.

On Monday, I received an email from Amazon saying that the single dvd wouldn't be available for 1-2 weeks because they had to get more from the distributor, I guess. Anyway, I called Amazon & spoke to a CSR and they aggreed to ship my box set the next day and ship the single dvd when it came in with no additional shipping charge.

So if you have other dvds in your order that are available I'd call and ask about shipping the dvds that are currently available and ship the ones that aren't available whenever they do become available.

If you are only waiting on the Goonies dvd and you want to know when it may become available since the shipping date keeps changing then I'd call and speak with a CSR and see if they can let you know what is going on and when you might expect to receive the dvd.

It couldn't hurt to ask. And I hope that this helps.
Old 08-30-01, 02:46 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would definitely call.

I haven't had this problem. The problems I've had is that the DVD preorder just didn't ship and the status never changed.

Not sure how receptive they are now, but in the past I was able to get the shipping upgraded to next day air for free.

Amazon's number: 800-201-7575

-David
Old 08-30-01, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wouldn't this actually be "pushing dates back"? I got excited and thought you found some way to get things early.