Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

X-Box Games... Images & Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-01, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
X-Box Games... Images & Video

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X - Looks damn cool - the camera is shaky and the dude playing in these clips kinda sucks, but the lighting and shading in the second clip there looks great.

Shrek - Looks stupid, but I wasn't really a fan of the movie either.

Lord of the Rings - Wow! If this doesn't make you a believer, then I don't know what will.

Jonny Drama - Looks like it would be fun if you like this style of gameplay.

Cel Damage - 2 videos. This looks like a Looney Tunes version of Twisted Metal. Looks kinda fun.

GunValkyrie - This looks DOPE!

Jet Set Radio - Damn! This looks hella cool too. I don't even like games like this, but I might get this one.

Air Force Delta Storm - Top Gun was one of my favorite Sega games - this looks bad ass. Even has replays.

Hunter: The Reckoning - Looks pretty cool. I'm not big on this style of gameplay, but I would probably pick this up anyway.

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey - These videos don't do it justice, but fans of the series I'm sure will foam at the mouth. I can't wait.

Arctic Thunder - Only Racing game video I could find, this game looks awesome, but for car enthusiasts check out Project Gotham Racing - will kick Gran Tourismo's arse.

One thing the X-Box has going for it is that it will have games to suit everybodies tastes whereas Nintendo seems to have games that are all pretty much the same and Playstation 2 doesn't really have any games. (j/k)

A few more... They don't need description - simply drool.

Halo
Silent Hill 2
Project K-X
NFL Fever 2002
Dead or Alive 3
Dark Summit (2 vids)

I'll post some screenies if I get some time - for now - check these out... or else someone else can go to www.ign.com and post some dope screens if they want.
Old 08-24-01, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gamecube will now launch 10 days after the launch of X-Box and will launch with only 2 games - Luigi's Mansion and Wave Race. Pikmin will come a few days later and then only 2 more games are scheduled for release by years end (smash brothers and eternal darkness) with Star Fox scheduled for early 2002. X-Box will be launching with no fewer than 15 games and tons more on the horizon... I'm not trying to bash on Gamecube with this statement - this is simply a *fact - Nintendo did this very same thing with their last console and it sold tons, so take that info for what it's worth.

*edit: I think my info on Gamecube's having 2 games at launch is wrong - I must've read some bad info somewhere... looks like they'll have closer to 10

Among the 15 or so games scheduled to be ready at X-Box launch in November are: Halo, Oddworld, Amped, Project Gotham, Dead or Alive 3, Mad Dash Racing, and NASCAR... Here's some screens of these games...

Last edited by Trigger; 08-24-01 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-24-01, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yawn.
Old 08-24-01, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Grimfarrow
Yawn.

Old 08-24-01, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can't wait, Tony Hawk should be awesome.
Old 08-24-01, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GUN VALKYRIE!!!!!
JET GRIND RADIO FUTURE!!!!!

Both these games made by the same people: Sega Smilebit aka "The new Gods of Gaming" who are designing only for the XBox at the moment.

Yummy yummy.

oh and Pro Skater looks nice too.
Old 08-24-01, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LoTR - Gee, I thought people were done being impressed by FMV after the PSX.

JSR - I can't tell with the resolution and the camera going crazy, but from the screenshots I've seen I like the look of the DC version better.

Tony Hawk 2x - Does it look good? Yeah. Does anyone not own this game? About 7 people.

Oddworld - The first one was fun, the second one was...the first one again. If they can keep the gameplay fresh, this should be good. Not plopping down $350 for it, though.

The rest?

Yawn.
Old 08-24-01, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Aghama
blah blah blah...
Ok dude - fair enough.
Old 08-24-01, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
From IGN.com:

Gamecube Launch Line-up:
Luigi's Mansion
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur
Wave Race: Blue Storm Nintendo
NBA Courtside 2002
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2
Super Monkey Ball
Madden NFL 2002
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Extreme G 3 Acclaim
All-Star Baseball 2002
NFL Quarterback Club 2002
Crazy Taxi
NFL Blitz 2002 Midway
NHL Hitz 2002
Batman Dark Tomorrow
Universal Studios

That's more than 10.

I could load this up with Gamecube images, or even 2nd Generation PS2 images, and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. I think all of this is totally moot until we have the systems in our hands. Screenshots and FMV's do NOT do a game justice. I know it's hypocritical, but I'm basing my excitement for the GC basically off Rogue Squadron, since I don't see how that could suck. The development team has already done a great version of this game and the screenshots look amazing.

Could this game blow chunks when I finally play it? Absolutely, but that's a couple months away.

My point is...it's pointless to post about this stuff, so I'm gonna stop now. Trigger is sold on the X-box, I hope he enjoys the system. I'm sold on the GC, and I'll probably be pretty happy with it. Doesn't everyone win?

Last edited by Draven; 08-24-01 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-24-01, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by draven-x
I could load this up with Gamecube images, or even 2nd Generation PS2 images, and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. I think all of this is totally moot until we have the systems in our hands. Screenshots and FMV's do NOT do a game justice.
So you're trying to invalidate this threads existence? I think Screenshots don't tell the story at all when talking about consoles, but vids tell me a whole lot... especially ones showing the gameplay in action. I posted the screenshots just cuz some people like em.

I'm not totally sold on the X-Box - but it's the first console to come along that makes me think seriously about owning one. Dreamcast's next price drop might get me to finally purchase a console before X-Box (in which case, I'll just be happy owning a dreamcast that I'll never use rather than blowing money on an X-Box). Last console I owned was the Atari 2600... never owned a Sega or nintendo. I've always been a PC gamer. A big "we'll see" for me on the subject. PS2 was a disappointment for me (I played my friend's) and I've just always felt my intelligence being insulted by Nintendo's games... so that leaves Sega (which I've always liked) and X-Box - which looks damn impressive so far.... TO ME.
Old 08-24-01, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No, I'm not invalidating the thread, I'm just saying that until the systems are shipped and the games have been played, we won't be able to say that "this system is better than that system."

Rather than just saying "Hey, look at these cool X-box screenshots" and having people either be impressed or unimpressed, which is what I thought the thread was going to be about.

Then you say:

One thing the X-Box has going for it is that it will have games to suit everybodies tastes whereas Nintendo seems to have games that are all pretty much the same...
What is that supposed to mean? I went back and edited a previous post and added the GC's launch line-up and the games seem pretty varied. Something for everyone, and at least as varied as the X-box games you mentioned.

I guess I am trying to "invalidate" the whole "X-box will rule, GC will fail" or vice versa based on screenshots, videos and limited playtime.

Yes, the X-box screens look impressive, the games look interesting, I agree with you there. But to me, the GC's look JUST as interesting and impressive, plus I know the company puts out a good product. At least one I've always been happy with.

I'm excited to see what the X-box offers.
Old 08-24-01, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well you quoted me and left off the part where I say "j/k" and put a up. It was just a joke... I took a cheap shot at PS2 also. I guess my perception of Nintendo games is what they promote most heavily... the cutesy games... I looked into the IGN archives and dug up some games on GC that look kinda cool. Shoot - maybe I'll just get all 4 consoles and stop buying DVDs, food, gas, clothing, and paying my mortgage... then I'll just sit at home all day and play console games until I develop a misshapen spine and my eyes bleed.
Old 08-24-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My apologies, I cut out the j/k part because I thought it was just referring to the PS2 "dig" Very sorry, not cool to misquote someone.

I wish I could afford them all too. I guess it just comes down to picking the system that's the best fit for you.
Old 08-24-01, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm probably going to end up just getting the Alienware box instead...

Old 08-24-01, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
I'm probably going to end up just getting the Alienware box instead...

It's the same hardware and OS as the X-Box anyways....
Old 08-24-01, 01:28 PM
Banned

Great Job Trigger! Awesome Post True Belever.

Let me know if you want me to put my 2 cents in.
Old 08-24-01, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

La dee dee
Old 08-24-01, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger

*edit: I think my info on Gamecube's having 2 games at launch is wrong - I must've read some bad info somewhere... looks like they'll have closer to 10
Not to put words in your mouth, but you probably got that thought in your head because there are only 2 first and second-party games for the Cube at launch. The remaining launch titles (13 to 16 in total, depending on the source) are third party titles.
Old 08-24-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
LoTR - Gee, I thought people were done being impressed by FMV after the PSX.

Old 08-24-01, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Filmjester
Great Job Trigger! Awesome Post True Belever.

Let me know if you want me to put my 2 cents in.
Thanks. I'd like to hear what you think (2 cents).

It's the same hardware and OS as the X-Box anyways....
= you
Old 08-24-01, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Trigger = Microsoft's

I love battling with pictures
Old 08-24-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aghama =
Old 08-24-01, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Or...

Aghama =

Old 08-24-01, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The first one doesn't count; the second is good, though.

To set the record straight, I'm a Nintendo fan & supporter, but I'm not a fanboy. I suppose I am guilty of being a Microsoft detractor, though.
Old 08-24-01, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first one doesn't count; the second is good, though.

To set the record straight, I'm a Nintendo fan & supporter, but I'm not a fanboy. I suppose I am guilty of being a Microsoft detractor, though.
Well I'm hardly a Microsoft fan. I am their biggest critic... I run a computer tech business and spend all day long telling my customers why their modem doesn't work because Microsoft has issues with making a good OS. I just think the X-Box is gonna be something they've done right. I am not even into consoles at all - if anything, I'm a PC Game fanboy. The X-Box might get me to finally break down and buy one though... I won't be waiting in line or anything and I'll probably forget the release date and won't notice it's out until a month later... I too am guilty of being a Nintendo basher.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.