Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

CDNOW lowers shipping cost

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-01, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess the CSR wasn't joking, as the prices for DVD shipping at CDNOW dropped about $1.50 off the base price. I suppose I can rationalize another purchase now.
Old 08-20-01, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the information. I tried calling Cd Now to confirm and the csr told me yes it has been reduced and for me to go to the site for more details. Well I went to the site and there hasn't been any change. Thus I called Cd Now again and this time the csr told me that there wasn't a change. I'll keep trying but there's nothing out there so far.
Old 08-20-01, 04:16 PM

Re: Change

I only noticed when I placed an order, there was no big official announcement or anything. Also, I believe this only applies to DVD...I think if you add a VHS tape or a CD (or anything else) you won't notice the change. But like I said, it is in fact there, as I just ordered the Terminator SE a few hours ago and the shipping was less than it was last week. Hope this helps!
Old 08-20-01, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: CDNOW lowers shipping cost

Originally posted by King Slender
Guess the CSR wasn't joking, as the prices for DVD shipping at CDNOW dropped about $1.50 off the base price. I suppose I can rationalize another purchase now.
As far as I can tell, they only dropped the base .50. It used to be 4.48 and it is now 3.99. Additional DVDs are still .99.
Old 08-20-01, 04:36 PM

Re: Re: CDNOW lowers shipping cost

Originally posted by ellone

As far as I can tell, they only dropped the base .50. It used to be 4.48 and it is now 3.99. Additional DVDs are still .99.
Well, the (very patient!) CSR said that the base price is now $3, plus $.99 for each DVD. So, in effect, the base price is $3.99 (since you obviously need to order at least one DVD) but I see your point. At any rate, they are still the cheapest for pre-orders, and one of the most reliable. Friday shipping ain't too bad either.