Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDGO and International Customers?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-01, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order with DVDGO a few days again. Before they can ship my order, they asked me to fax a copy of the front & back of my credit card, my ID and my signature for verification.

Has anyone else been asked for this information before and is it safe?
Old 08-16-01, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the same thing when I first ordered from them. They do it with international customers to protect against fraud. I faxed them what they needed and I've received several orders from them now.

They're an honest company with good customer service so I'm sure you can trust them like I did.
Old 08-16-01, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've read about this practice before, so I wasn't completely surprised. Thanks for the information!
Old 08-16-01, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
I have faxed them the information also, however don't expect them to be quick. I place an order with them over 2 weeks ago and faxed the information when they requested it, but no one will answer my emails as to when my order will ship. I doubt that even if I get my order I will ever purchase from them again.

Order place on 8/01/01 ... faxed the info on 8/3/01 and as of today 8/16/01 no word from them on when my order will be shipped or any emails...

I pretty much have lost my patience with them....
Old 08-16-01, 12:45 PM

That's strange. I had no problem dealing with them. Maybe your e-mail got bounced or lost in the shuffle. I'd try e-mailing them again. You can also check your order status on their site. All of my orders have shipped within couple of days except for 1 which is backordered.
Old 08-16-01, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny... they must read the forum just moments ago I finally got an email from them stating they never got the information that I emailed and faxed to them. I will give it one more try, and see what happens. I had emailed them previously about my order and never got a response, until today that is... hmm.
Old 08-16-01, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My only advice is that when you fax, make sure you mark out all the CC numbers except the last 4! That way you're a bit more safe that info did not fall into the wrong hands!
Old 08-17-01, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally it has been shipped!
Old 08-17-01, 07:26 AM

d2,

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what DVD were you waiting for?
Old 08-17-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by carnifern
d2,

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what DVD were you waiting for?

I ordered the Faust DVD, when I got tired of waiting for them I ordered the Brazilian version also.

That is why in the other post I was wondering how they compare.
Looks like I will be able to compare both versions myself and decide which one of them to keep. I will post all the info on it when I get them.

BTW Diabolik DVD will have the Spanish version of Faust in stock today. For those that want to order it from here(the states) instead of having to mess with getting it overseas. That is where I was going to get it next, until I got the shipping notice yesterday. I ordered the Nameless DVD from Diabolik DVD today and am REALLY looking forward to that one also!
Old 08-17-01, 10:38 AM

The Nameless is an absolutely incredible film. It's more in the mold of Seven or The Ring (psychological horror) and has one of the most grpiing stories I've seen in years. You're gonna love it and I'd highly recommend it to everyone else.

The director, Jaume Balagueró, has his first American horror movie coming out in the near future. It's called Darkness and looks amazing. Here's the link to info on imdb where you can check out the trailer:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0273517
Old 08-17-01, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by d2cheer
Funny... they must read the forum just moments ago I finally got an email from them stating they never got the information that I emailed and faxed to them. I will give it one more try, and see what happens. I had emailed them previously about my order and never got a response, until today that is... hmm.
Interesting. This is the first time I've seen evidence of an E-tailer from a non-English speaking country lurking here, and based on the time stamp of your post, somebody at DVDGo must have been working pretty late at night.

My experience with DVDGo is similar to carnifern's. I have ordered from them 5-6 times in the last 2 years without incident.
Old 08-25-01, 07:21 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by carnifern
The Nameless is an absolutely incredible film. It's more in the mold of Seven or The Ring (psychological horror) and has one of the most grpiing stories I've seen in years. You're gonna love it and I'd highly recommend it to everyone else...
I agree. But you have to have the stomach for it. My wife saw the first few scenes and we had to switch to a rom-com instead (she didn't like SOTL either). I just finished watching it on my own. Highly recommended.