Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Which system should I buy next??
xbox
13.73%
cube
49.02%
ps2
25.49%
stick with the dc I have
11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Xbox, Cube, Ps2??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-01, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xbox, Cube, Ps2??

Which next gen system should I buy??
Old 08-13-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great another next gen poll.

Old 08-13-01, 02:51 PM

Sorry I opened another poll, but I needed to know what I should pre order . I think cubes going to take this one.
Old 08-13-01, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I have two of the four and will get the other two when they come out. What can I say I am addicted.
Old 08-13-01, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

PS2 hasnt' disappointed me so far...

Here is the way i look at it.

Nintendo= Kiddie system, Pokemon, cartoony games
Xbox= Platform for PC gamers, and computer games
Playstation= Technically the weaker of the 3, but strong support from third parties, and Sony's great record on PS1 (which outlasted most competitors)

Sega= As always "sega = suck"

(dont' flame over the "kiddie system" statement. Its just my opinion. All of the game screens i have seen so far have been cartoon-style images, nothing realistic about them. And the launch games i've seen havn't really made me that impressed either. rouge squadron, zelda, mario, donkey kong, pokemon... *yawn*)

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 08-13-01 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-13-01, 04:39 PM

I agree completely with you ClarkKentKY from what we've seen displayed on N64 it has been very few games with a lot 1st party. Don't get mr wrong Nintendo makes great titles, but a lot of kid titles. But before that was the great Super Nintendo. I hope Cube will be cool....so I place my bet on cube. Although I like the looks of XBOX and PS2 which both seem to have great support.

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 08-13-01 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-13-01, 04:53 PM
mvc

Well I think you should buy a DC in the mean time. It's really cheap right now, and the game selection is awesome. A PS2 isn't really worth it right now....not until at least Christmas when all the big guns come out. And by that time, hopefully a price drop will take effect.

GameCube will have all those "kiddie" games because Nintendo banks off of them. I haven't really looked into the GameCube, so I can't say much about it. Like it or not though, I'm sure Sony would love to get in on the Pokemon craze, but Nintendo controls all the Pokemon stuff. Have you noticed that there have been tons of "kiddie" games for PS1? Yes, most magazines and websites concentrate on high profile titles like the latest FF and what not, but I went into EB last week, and the amount of new kiddie titles for PS1 amazed me, especially for a system that people always tout as a more "mature" gaming system.

Don't get me wrong, there are great games like RE, and Fear Effect, but I think you gotta look at the whole picture. After all, Nintendo did authorize Conker's Bad Fur Day, and that's not kiddie at all. So you might say that Nintendo is willing to enter the mature gamers chunk of the pie.

XBox looks awesome. But I don't think its worth a preorder..... By the time XBox comes out, MGS2, and some other big apps will be available for PS2. I'm kind of waiting for the price drop myself to jump on the PS2 bandwagon....

My advice? Go get a DC for cheap, and check out the DC thread here and check your local B&M stores. There are tons of GOOD games that are on clearance everywhere.
Old 08-13-01, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
wait and see if there is a price drop on the PS2....then decide.
Old 08-13-01, 09:34 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I just don't understand how anyone can direct you, on which system you should buy.

Now personally, I'm looking into preordering a GameCube as soon as possible. The system will be especially sweet when it takes over the #1 Next Generation console ranking, and I can watch the PS2 and XBox fall behind and fade to black!
Old 08-14-01, 04:38 AM

PS2 or Gamecube. Don't support the evil empire and buy a Xbox. MSFT already took over a large chunk of the 'net, don't let the game industry fall to them either!