Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

entertainme.com shipping policy >$180 (thumbs down)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-01, 01:22 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried placing a $210 order at entertainme.com, and was given only one shipping option - their expensive 1-2 day service. When I pulled up their online chat rep, I was told that the policy is that any order over $180 requires a signature and thus must use the more expensive shipping.

I neither wish to pay more for faster shipping, nor do I want to have to sign for a package. And there is no waiver-for-signature option on the website.

After checking, they did offer two solutions: split my order, or e-mail the chat rep and she would manually adjust the shipping method and charges for me.

I don't know about you, but I don't think I should be inconvenienced just because I'm making a *large* order - those are the last people that should be inconvenienced by any store. I shouldn't have to make two orders, or hope that an e-mailed request would be processed (don't know about you guys, but maybe one in ten of "special e-mail requests" seem to be processed correctly by etailers).

Anyhow. Just airing my beef. They have good prices, but I'm thinking it's worth a couple of bucks more elsewhere to avoid the hassle. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 08-13-01, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right, you shouldn't have to go through trouble like that just because you're giving their business help by placing a large order. That's dumb on their part to inconvenience their biggest customers. But it doesn't surprise me considering the level of customer service at most e-tailers.
Old 08-14-01, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I do understand why- if you said you never got it they would have to resend 210 dollars worth of goods. They should use ups ground and require a signature this way they are protected and you save money???
Old 08-14-01, 02:09 PM
Cool New Member

Except that I know there aren't going to be problems at my end, and non-overnight vendors will track packages to show me when it should arrive. Other e-tailers will allow me to waive the signature requirement - which should be my choice. Then *I* take the risk and the company doesn't have to replace lost shipments. I'd rather do that and not be gouged for shipping.

Besides, if they have me split my order, the packages are quite likely to come on the same day anyhow - thus not reducing the company's risk at all, just inconveniencing the purchaser.
Old 08-15-01, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's what you get for paying with FLOOZ!!!
oops sorry wrong thread, a nonflooz-related thread caught me off guard, didn't kknow how to react....