Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Total Action Universe

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Total Action Universe

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-01, 03:00 PM
HC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Action Universe

tried a search on this store, but couldn't come up with anything.

But here's the question:

I ordered a DVD that says that it will ship within 24 hrs. It's been 3 days and they still havent emailed me that they have sent it yet. The website still has the "P=Pending" as the status.

Does this website send things out without emailing or updating it's website? Could they have already sent my order?

thanks!
Old 08-08-01, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in the same boat. They had a lot of orders over the weekend due to their free shipping promotion. On their homepage it states that orders will take a little longer than usual to process and to please be patient. I would hope that they are about ready to ship. We'll see.
Old 08-09-01, 10:35 AM
Cool New Member

It's definately due to the free shipping weekend as they were swamped with orders from all over the world.
You have nothing to worry about they are very reliable.
I recieved a confirmation email that order had shipped when I last used them for Diehard boxset a few weeks ago, but with some of these smaller stores it may not be automatically generated and dependant on a person to do it that isn't busy filling a lot of orders.
Old 08-11-01, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anyone received a shipping confirmation email for orders placed last weekend? I ordered last Sunday night and my order status still states that my order is pending.
Old 08-11-01, 08:06 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Sweet Baby James
Has anyone received a shipping confirmation email for orders placed last weekend? I ordered last Sunday night and my order status still states that my order is pending.
My daughter ordered during the free shipping promotion (1 title) and got shipping confirmation 2 days ago.
Old 08-11-01, 11:23 PM

Yeah, I also got shipping confirmation two or three days ago.

Bo.
Old 08-12-01, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Please remember that Totalactionuniverse.com is kind of like a mom and pop store on the internet....they run a good business and sell dvds among other things at low prices in comparison to the big boys of the internet. Their shipping is fair...especially when they offer free shipping....and the gentleman that runs the business(Roy) has always been top notch in communications whether by email or in person on the telephone. Yes..I said telephone...how many people can say they have actually spoken with a company rep who actually gives a damn about what you are telling them. The numerous phone calls I have placed with general questions about items on his site etc.....he has either answered the phone and spoken with me directly or emailed me in a timely manner. I would say they are experiencing growing pains at this point and time....their business is on the rise and I am sure in the near future they will add additional staff to continue with the outstanding service he has always given to me and several others on this forum. Their promotion last weekend was not just limited to Canada(as many etailers would do here in the states)...they offered free shipping to anywhere in the world and I am sure received way above average business which they are attempting to fill. They will fill the orders..and they will email you to let you know your order has shipped....if not....call Roy and check the status of your order. He has always been very courteous in the past and does not mind speaking with anyone about his business. He cares about his customers and has a loyal customer base not only around the world but here in the states also so for all of the NEW customers who took advantage of the $5.00 off and free shipping last weekend.....be patient. Give Roy some regular business throughout the year and you will find that they usually have your order on the way within a day or two. Also remember that they are in Canada so allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
Old 08-17-01, 12:51 PM

Did anyone received their DVD(s) yet? Mine shipped last Tuesday, and I still haven't received mine.
Old 08-17-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received mine today. I never did get a shipping confirmation email. They still have it listed as pending on their order status page.
Old 08-23-01, 01:44 AM
HC

anyone receive anything yet? Made an order on the 5th, but still no confirmation nor any DVD.

Tried emailing from the website, but the email will not go through. Emailed with the old email they sent me, but no reply. Also tried calling, but no answer...... and the thing is my credit card has been charged...

BTW I live in So Cali...so hopefully it would be here soon.
Old 08-24-01, 03:39 AM

I got my dvds last week, it spent me 8 days to receive.
Last time was 7 days. The shipping speed is not as fast as ABsound, but I got shipping confirmation of every order,
and the pending is good. I would still shop on TAU.
Old 08-24-01, 11:22 AM
HC

update:

Got an email from TAU, they apologized for not updating my order status on their site. They said they sent my order already though, still havent recieved it yet. Hopefully soon!!!
Old 08-29-01, 02:41 AM
HC

Bump ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone order during the free shipping weekend and still have not recieved their order???????????