Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bestprices.com (what's in a name?)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-01, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend told me that she used bestprices.com for her DVD needs and was satisfied. I being skeptical of everything was looking for a little feedback from the DVD talkers out there because the website wasn't too detailed when it came to information. So I am just looking for feedback to help me out. Anything is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-07-01, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not a bad site as long as what you are ordering is actually on hand. If it's on order you may be waiting weeks after release for it to actually arrive at your door. It is relatively cheap and they just instituted a single shipment price for orders whether they are coming out at different times or not. As long as what you're looking for is on hand at the place you'll have no problem.
Old 08-07-01, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've ordered from them a few times, never had a problem - received my DVDs promptly, correct amount charged to my cc.
Old 08-07-01, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed my first order with this etailer a few weeks back (Free shipping when purchasing Hannibal & Silence of the Lambs) so I'll know in a few eeks how good their service is. The prices where pretty decent.
Old 08-08-01, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
How much for shipping for one DVD?
Old 08-11-01, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I ordered Halloween Limited Edition got it shipped via priority and received it in 2 days. Yes thats right Halloween Limited Edition.
Old 08-12-01, 10:54 AM

Besprices = a joke

It is a joke.

Showed online as California company (Palo Alto). Prices are good. Though shipping prices were ridiculous.
I decided to place an order (took sales tax hit but hoping to get order within day or two via USPS).
It turned out, their warehouse is in Memphis, TN. And It took more than a week to get my order via First Class USPS.
Thanks but no thanks ULN Corporation. You need to be upfront with your warehouse location fact.
VP
Old 08-20-01, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Besprices = a joke

Originally posted by VincentHVPhan
It is a joke.

Showed online as California company (Palo Alto). Prices are good. Though shipping prices were ridiculous.
I decided to place an order (took sales tax hit but hoping to get order within day or two via USPS).
It turned out, their warehouse is in Memphis, TN. And It took more than a week to get my order via First Class USPS.
Thanks but no thanks ULN Corporation. You need to be upfront with your warehouse location fact.
VP
This pisses me off. I was wondering why my order hasn't arrived yet & I'm in CA. This was my last order with this company! If a company is shipping from TENN I don't see why I had to pay sales tax?