Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about Barnes&Noble.com customer service

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Willy Wonka SE and Simpsons Season 1 on pre-order at BN.com. I used a $10 off 40 coupon and their free shipping when you buy 2 or more items. Both are now expired. Do you think they will cancel the Wonka pre-order out of my order and replace it with another item? Since the Wonka disc is apparently P&S only now (which is not what Warner's press release said), I don't want it. I don't have experience with B&N's CS so I was wondering if they're usually easy-going on that stuff or not. Thanks.
Old 08-07-01, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have experience with your exact circumstance, but in my dealings with them, they were hardly "easy-going". I don't know if the $10 off $40 coupon you used was the one for new customers. If so, be aware that if they will not substitute an item in your order for the "Willy Wonka" (though it was inaccurately described), and you cancel this order, you will forfeit the use of any "new customer" coupons. I had this big problem with them where I wanted to change my first order since I managed to find a trade for one of the items. I called them to cancel, and asked if I could still use the new customer coupon with my revised order (which would be the first one to ship out). The Customer Service Rep told me yes, but when I tried to put in my next (first) order, it would NOT take the new customer coupons. In talking to Customer Service again, they simply told me the first rep was mistaken.

So IF you ARE a new customer, try to get them to make a substitute on "Willy Wonka", since the description was wrong. Don't let them convince you to simply cancel your order, and re-submit another one.