Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What do you have to do to get feedback on Half.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-01, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe how few people leave feedback. I've sold 35 DVDs on the site, and only 5 people have left feedback for me. I take a lot of care in accurately describing the DVD and case, I price reasonably (usually half or less), I ship the same day or next day after receiving an order, and I package everything in a cardboard box with soft peanut padding. For cardboard snapper cases, I even put them in a plastic freezer bag to protect the case from scratches.

After all that extra care, I get just five feedbacks! Granted, I have a perfect rating, but one bad rating would cut my overall rating considerably. I'm not worried about something I can control (such as condition, packaging or shipping), but I've read other seller feedbacks that criticize for silly things like they didn't like the DVD, it was widescreen, post office didn't deliver fast enough, etc. or even lost in the mail. It would be nice to have a few more 5's to protect against that kind of undeserved feedback.

Has anyone else been more successful getting feedback from buyers?
Old 08-04-01, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What i do, is when the transaction is over, i leave feedback for them, and i email them saying "i left the following feedback on your account! I appreciated doing business with you! Be sure to leave feedback for me. Thanks again!" Never really fails.
Old 08-04-01, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I send notes with every shipment, which helped pick up the amount of feedback that I receive.
Old 08-06-01, 11:13 AM

Above are excellent ideas. I also upgrade all my Dvd's to 1st class
mail. Some sellers have inserted microwave popcorn and/or tissues. Also try to confirm & ship quickly. I hate when a seller
waits 2 days and then gets a extra 2 because of the weekend.
I like that you use a box and pack them carefully. I wish
all sellers would do that.
Old 08-06-01, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
What i do, is when the transaction is over, i leave feedback for them, and i email them saying "i left the following feedback on your account! I appreciated doing business with you! Be sure to leave feedback for me. Thanks again!" Never really fails.
How can you leave your buyer feedback on Half.com?
Old 08-07-01, 02:27 PM

Finally, a breakthrough! I had a surge of feedbacks to push me up to 10, which is a little more respectable. And a few comments on careful shipping, which is appreciated. For the bored or curious, view link...

http://www.half.com/account/function...ller_id=338720
Old 08-08-01, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally posted by btlives
Above are excellent ideas. I also upgrade all my Dvd's to 1st class
mail. Some sellers have inserted microwave popcorn and/or tissues. Also try to confirm & ship quickly. I hate when a seller
waits 2 days and then gets a extra 2 because of the weekend.
I like that you use a box and pack them carefully. I wish
all sellers would do that.

I also include a note and mention the shipping upgrade in my description. I've moved a few movies ahead of slightly lower prices with a good description and shipping upgrade... Also get about 50% feedback: every other transaction in other words all good...