Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDEMPIRE.....raising prices on an order after it has been placed.....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-01, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as I like dvdempire, I have never had them raise a price on an item(Mask Of Zorro which I ordered for $16.22). Not only this....but the free shipping which I had received for the introduction of their media mail shipping on July 4th has also been taken away from me on two separate orders. Cancelled the Mask of Zorro order which was a sizeable order and used a coupon through Amazon saving another $5.00 in the process. May cancel the other outstanding order also....do not respect a company who arbitrarily changes your order without informing the customer. Seems somewhat shady to me.....I guess they do not believe that people check on their orders from time to time.

Anyone else have any problems such as this recently with dvdempire???

I understand that the studio raised the price on Zorro....but I should have been informed by dvdempire that they were changing an order which had already been placed prior to this price change. Usually, companies have not messed with an order which has already been placed.

Last edited by djones6746; 08-04-01 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-04-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked on my orders at DVDEmpire and found that two of them that were to have free shipping now have shipping charges applied. They did remove the shipping charges earlier when I placed the orders, and received one order with free shiipping already. Think I need to contact them to find out what is going on.
Old 08-04-01, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When looking at my order again I noticed near the bottom of the page on the transaction section is says: "Set shipping to FREE because of July 4th promotion". That does indicate the order should receive free shipping, but it was added back to the orders. I think it must be a glitch with the site.
Old 08-04-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
When looking at my order again I noticed near the bottom of the page on the transaction section is says: "Set shipping to FREE because of July 4th promotion". That does indicate the order should receive free shipping, but it was added back to the orders. I think it must be a glitch with the site.

Let me know if you hear anything on this......I may go ahead and cancel my other outstanding order as they have added shipping to that order also. I am tired of emailing companies due to problems which they cause....sometimes it is just easier to go elsewhere with my business.
Old 08-04-01, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just sent them an e-mail about this, but probably will not have an answer until early next week. I think they will honor the free shipping, but I hate to be charged and have to go through the trouble of getting credited back charges. I will let you know what happens when they answer my message.
Old 08-04-01, 02:49 PM

If your in the US just call the toll free #1-888-383-1880. During normal working hours someone usually will answer right away. I feel sure they will accomadate your first order with the free shipping.

saintsfan
Old 08-05-01, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
I emailed them 3 days ago about placing an order and when studio raises price, and DVDEmpire told me that they will honor it.

I brought the question up when I saw Mask of Zorro for $14 on thursday, and friday, it was at $18. I missed out on it though, but that is because I already own it. I was just curious to ask.
Old 08-06-01, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received an answer to the removal of the free shipping today from DVDEmpire. They did give me the free shipping back, but never explained why it was removed from the order. I suggest contacting them if you want it reinstated to your order or cancel and purchase elsewhere. I will have to keep an eye on my orders to make sure the shipping charges are not added back again before shipment.

I placed several orders on your web site to take
advantage of the free shipping promotion offered
during the July 4th holiday and found that shipping
charges have been added back to the orders. It does
mention near the bottom of the orders that "Set
shipping to FREE because of July 4th promotion", but
charges were added back to my orders that previously
had been removed. I don't know if it is a glitch with
the site, but thought it should be brought to your
attention. I just want to verify that I am getting
free shipping, and to prevent any possible unwarranted
charges being added to my order when it ships. The
orders in question are #xxxxxxx and #xxxxxxx. Thank
you and your immediate attention to this matter would
be appreciated.

SDRe: Free shipping removed from orders

Thank you for your recetn email. I have verified that these were not corrected. Please accept my sincerest apologies as well as DVD Empire's apologies for this matter. I have zeroed out the shiping costs for you on both of these orders. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistnace.

Sincerely,

Erika
Customer Service Manager

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-06-01 at 05:30 PM.