Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Borders.com is now Amazon.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-01, 05:10 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to check on an outstanding Borders.com order and found I was redirected to the Amaxon web site. Apparently this began yesterday.

So I had to phone Borders to check on my order and they said it still hasn't come in yet and that it might have been delayed from its July 23rd release date.

So I told the Boirders CS that their new partner Amazon showed it in stock and shipping in 24 hours and was a $1 cheaper on the Dvd and cheaper on shipping.

I cancelled my order with Borders since it was bound never to be completed because of the transition of the new partnership. I only used them because I had a gift card to get use up. Guess I'll use it at their B&M store instead...though it is a bit of a drive for me.

So for those with outstanding Borders.com orders, good luck receiving them in a timely manner.
Old 08-02-01, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FYI -

I received this email from Borders.com today..

Dear Borders.com Customer:

We appreciate that you've visited Borders.com in the past, and we're pleased to share some very exciting news about our site with you.

As you may have already heard, we've teamed with Amazon.com to create a new and improved Web site at www.borders.com.

Now when you go to Borders.com to find your favorite books, music, and movies, you'll be able to enjoy Amazon.com's powerful search and browsing capabilities, extensive reviews, detailed title information, 1-ClickŪ ordering, and more. You'll also find plenty of exclusive content, including information about Borders store locations, hours, and events, as well as articles from Inside Borders magazine.

We think it's a great match -- the premier international retailer of
books, music, and movies partnered with the leader in online
commerce. We invite you to check out the enhanced Borders.com for yourself. In the meantime, here are answers to a few questions you may have:

What will happen to my existing Borders.com account information?
Borders.com and Amazon.com care about your privacy. Accordingly, any information you have previously provided to Borders.com or Amazon.com will not be shared between our two companies.

What do I need to know to start shopping?
· If you have previously shopped at both Borders.com and Amazon.com --

The new Borders.com site uses Amazon.com's e-commerce engine. As a result, if you've visited Amazon.com before, Borders.com will automatically recognize you. That means you're ready to enjoy all of the advantages of our new site.

· If you have previously shopped at Borders.com but not Amazon.com -- You're ready to search, browse, and enjoy plenty of rich content at the new Borders.com. However, because we are not sharing your existing Borders.com account information with Amazon.com, in order to shop at the Borders teamed with Amazon.com site you will need to register the next time you decide to make a purchase.

Shop the new Borders teamed with Amazon.com site.

How will the information I provide on the new Borders teamed with Amazon.com site be handled?
Any customer information provided on the new Borders teamed with Amazon.com site will be subject to Amazon.com's Privacy Notice. As part of our relationship with Amazon.com, some information about your transactions on the new site will be shared between our two companies. As with any personal data that we receive or collect, Borders.com will not rent or sell this information. To learn more, please see About the Borders teamed with Amazon.com Partnership.

Can I use my Borders Gift Card on the Borders teamed with
Amazon.com site?

Yes! Borders Gift Cards can be redeemed at www.borders.com or at any Borders store in the United States. For more information, please visit our Gift Card Help page.

What will happen to my outstanding orders?
Any orders placed prior to the launch of the new Borders teamed with Amazon.com site will be processed by Borders.com in the usual fashion. For questions about a pending order, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-770-7811 or by email at [email protected].

Where do I return products that were ordered prior to the launch of the new Borders teamed with Amazon.com site?
Borders.com will accept returns of books and unopened music or video with a valid receipt, within 30 days of purchase. Please note that we will process returns and issue refunds only for items purchased prior to the launch of the Borders teamed with Amazon.com site, August 1st.

Returned items must be in re-saleable condition. Music and video
returns will be accepted only if unopened or defective. We will
replace defective items with a new copy of the same item. Gift
certificates are not returnable.

When returning items to our Customer Service Center, please include the packing slip in the carton. If you no longer have your packing slip, please write your name, address, phone number, and order number on a piece of paper and include it in the carton. For your protection, you may wish to send your return via UPS or insured parcel post. Please send all returns to:

Borders.com Fulfillment Center
1 Online Drive
LaVergne, TN 37086-2202

Where do I return products ordered from the new Borders teamed with Amazon.com site?
Items purchased from the Borders teamed with Amazon.com site are subject to Amazon.com's return policy and must be returned to Amazon.com for refund. For more information, please read the Borders teamed with Amazon.com site's return policy.

Will I continue to receive Borders Mail email newsletters?
Yes. You will continue to receive Borders Mail newsletters -- full
of the insightful interviews, essays, excerpts, and new release
information you've come to expect. Customers who do not currently receive Borders Mail newsletters can subscribe here.

We'll be in touch with more details in the near future. If you have
any immediate questions, please feel free to contact our customer service department at [email protected].

Again, we're very excited and think you'll find our new site even
more enjoyable and useful than ever. We hope you'll stop by for a visit at www.borders.com sometime soon.

Regards,
Your Friends at Borders.com

Last edited by Ben732; 08-02-01 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-03-01, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great, that means their CSR just got better!