Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix - Upcoming Release list NG!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-01, 12:49 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, have any of you noticed the latest "No-flix" deal?

The "upcoming release" list has almost no new stuff on it. Usually just old re-released movies on DVD. It is VERY hard to "build" a Rental Queue when you do not know what to add!!

They used to list everything being released, so you just added what looked good to your list. Now you have to search for a title that you heard about elsewhere, and see if they have it! They also seem to be having more and more of the latest titles marked as not available at all...as in they never got it!!

Why are they advertising for new customers when they can not even serve the ones they have now?
Old 07-27-01, 03:10 PM

That selection is pretty lame. However, with their new Save function, you can add just about anything to your DVDs Awaiting Release queue. For example, today I added Planet of the Apes to my queue, so whenever it's released on DVD, I don't have to worry about it being Unavailable because I didn't add it fast enough.
Old 07-27-01, 04:52 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Anteater87
That selection is pretty lame. However, with their new Save function, you can add just about anything to your DVDs Awaiting Release queue. For example, today I added Planet of the Apes to my queue, so whenever it's released on DVD, I don't have to worry about it being Unavailable because I didn't add it fast enough.

BUT, you need to know they are there in the first place and I have seen some where you get a popup that seems to state that they never got their order in, so it is unlikely they will have it. I remember seeing this on several VERY popular dvd's.

Also, titles have been out since release...Coyote Ugly, for one. Darn, it is even on SHOWTIME, and NetFlix has it out!!
Old 07-28-01, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by MPSAN

Also, titles have been out since release...Coyote Ugly, for one. Darn, it is even on SHOWTIME, and NetFlix has it out!!
This is one of the reasons I have cable...to help thin out my queue. Life is too short to obsess over these things; I find it helps to switch to a new rental venue if I am dissatisfied with my current one.