Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: The Boondock Saints (Canadian Release)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-01, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know where I can find a review of this disc, or care to give me a review themselves?
Old 07-23-01, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this movie sucked. It tried way too hard to be hip and cool.
Old 07-23-01, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell
I thought this movie sucked. It tried way too hard to be hip and cool.
Thanks for that eye-opening review of the contents of the DVD. I'm sure it will help me greatly in the future.
Old 07-23-01, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the main content of the DVD is the movie itself, and there's my review of it! Sorry if you don't like it, but that's what I thought.
Old 07-23-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was actually hoping for something more along the lines of how the video quality was...how the audio sounded...more the technical aspect. As opposed to "I thought it sucked."
Old 07-25-01, 06:50 PM

well, i personally love this movie more each time i watch it. i have the canadian version and the only minor gripe i have about it is that it is not presented in 5.1 sound like other editions are. however, i say MINOR gripe because the sound is really good for 2.0 stereo. the dialogue is clear as well as the effects (gunshots, etc.). the picture is also good, no flaws that i can see. the colors and lighting are good as well.

oh, and don't expect any extras cuz there aren't any. cast bios and a summary of the movie and i think thats it. rumor has it that a better edition will be released in the U.S. soon so keep your eyes open for that.
Old 07-25-01, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by sleepykid
well, i personally love this movie more each time i watch it. i have the canadian version and the only minor gripe i have about it is that it is not presented in 5.1 sound like other editions are. however, i say MINOR gripe because the sound is really good for 2.0 stereo. the dialogue is clear as well as the effects (gunshots, etc.). the picture is also good, no flaws that i can see. the colors and lighting are good as well.

oh, and don't expect any extras cuz there aren't any. cast bios and a summary of the movie and i think thats it. rumor has it that a better edition will be released in the U.S. soon so keep your eyes open for that.
Thanks! That's exactly the kind of review that I was looking for. I knew there weren't any extras on it, but that doesn't matter to me because the movie itself is good enough. Thanks again for the review.
Old 07-26-01, 10:22 AM
DJD

I loved the movie, but i had word, by e-mail, that the Canadian DVD production had been deleted. This was because they were going to release a new American R1 dvd towards the end of the year. Whether this is going to be the uncut version (which shows on Sky Tv) or not i'm unsure. I know its not a review but i thought i tell you incase that you wanted to hold out for the next release. I'm hoping for the special edition that has been rumored. Any word on the DVD i will post....
Old 07-26-01, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the info. I've heard the rumors about a new american R1 release that might be coming out later this year, but right now I just really want the movie on DVD. This is one title that I won't mind buying again if it's released as an SE.