Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

express.com back in business!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-01, 02:58 AM
NMA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just fiddling around the DVD titles in express.com and saw that Hannibal and silence of the lambs were available to pre-order. I think they are back in business...

We have to wait and see, I liked them in the past...
Old 07-22-01, 03:05 AM
NMA

by the way...

they have started a blowout sale in their games department.

3dfx Voodoo display cards are 75% off ----- like 60$ or something!!!
Old 07-22-01, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Avoid them like the plague. The company is toast. They haven't delivered on items in the past, there's no reason to think they will now...
Old 07-22-01, 08:34 AM

I just got an email from them and they say that they will be reopen for business under new ownership within a few weeks.
Old 07-22-01, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i actually just tried to order some anime tapes from their blowout sale but the order didn't go through. tried it a couple times and nothing happened. let's hope they're not ripping off my credit card number.
Old 07-22-01, 05:55 PM
Cool New Member

I also got an email from them yesterday saying they are under new management and will start restocking dvds and get rid of their older stock with a large sale. They say they are going to be as good or better than they used to be. I hope so they use to be great.
Old 07-22-01, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope that they come back, competition is good.
Old 07-22-01, 09:47 PM

I just got the email from them too and it sort of sounds as if they are going to focus more on DVDs again....let's hope so. Actually, I have never bought anything from Express before but sure as hell hope that they have some competitive prices when they re-open. How were they with coupons before? Did they have many offered usually like Amazon?

Dear Valued Customer,

Express.com would like to take this opportunity to share some important news about our company. Express.com is under new ownership, and the top priority for the new team is to refocus on the aspects of our business that made us the #1 movie store on the Web*: an ultra-wide selection of DVDs, fast and reliable order fulfillment, award-winning customer service, and an overall first-class shopping experience for our customers.

Over the next 30-45 days we will be restocking our DVD inventory so that we will once again have all the movies you want when you shop our site, including pre-orders and pre-releases. We are also planning a huge storewide sale to clear out many of our overstocked DVDs, CDs, video games, electronics, accessories, and entertainment collectibles so that we have room for all of the new inventory. For those of you who subscribe to our Express Insider Newsletter, keep an eye out for an e-mail from us soon
that announces our "Sizzling Summer Sale." You won't want to miss it.

We at Express.com would like to thank you for your loyalty to our site. We recognize that we have had some problems in the past few months, and we appreciate your patronage, whether your last order with us was last week or last year.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to our site. We promise that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sincerely,

The www.express.com team

P.S. If you would like to comment on this email, simply hit "Reply" and email us your thoughts. We value our customers' opinions. If you have a question regarding an order, please do not reply to this email, but instead email us at <mailto: [email protected]>

*Ranked #1 online movie store by Forrester PowerRankings.
Old 07-22-01, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
it will be good news only if they were acquired by someone with money. otherwise they will not survive.

if they were acquired by someone big wouldnt they have told us.
Old 07-23-01, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes I must agree with anyone/everyone above....

Competition is good for us when it comes to pricing.

Even if these guys don't come in with drastically low prices.... at least it will be another company in the battle, which should (in the long run) keep prices down.

I bought from them in the past. There was a time when they were the most reliable DVD place on the web.