Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Express.com under new ownership!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: Do you think they can be as good as they once were?
Yes, I hope so. I had very few problems from them in the past.
57.58%
Hell no. These guys suck and they probably always will!
42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-01, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Valued Customer,

Just got the following email:
Express.com would like to take this opportunity to share some important news about our company. Express.com is under new ownership, and the top priority for the new team is to refocus on the aspects of our business that made us the #1 movie store on the Web*: an ultra-wide selection of DVDs, fast and reliable order fulfillment, award-winning customer service, and an overall first-class shopping experience for our customers.

Over the next 30-45 days we will be restocking our DVD inventory so that we will once again have all the movies you want when you shop our site, including pre-orders and pre-releases. We are also planning a huge storewide sale to clear out many of our overstocked DVDs, CDs, video games, electronics, accessories, and entertainment collectibles so that we have room for all of the new inventory. For those of you who subscribe to our Express Insider Newsletter, keep an eye out for an e-mail from us soon that announces our "Sizzling Summer Sale." You won't want to miss it.

We at Express.com would like to thank you for your loyalty to our site. We recognize that we have had some problems in the past few months, and we appreciate your patronage, whether your last order with us was last week or last year.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to our site. We promise that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sincerely,

The www.express.com team

P.S. If you would like to comment on this email, simply hit "Reply" and email us your thoughts. We value our customers' opinions. If you have a question regarding an order, please do not reply to this email, but instead email us at mailto: [email protected]

*Ranked #1 online movie store by Forrester PowerRankings.
Old 07-22-01, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the new ownership have any choice. The market place is VERY competitive, and I would expect Express to recognise this. I think it is a good sign that they are only going to be selling DVDs in the future. I will certainly make a couple of orders to see who the new Express works out.
Old 07-22-01, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everything went south at DVD express when they started selling electronics, video games and other stuff that was non dvd. Hopefully they can get everything back to the way it was a few years ago and be one of the top dvd stores on the net

capt
Old 07-22-01, 10:31 AM

I almost ordered from them a few times, but could never finish the order, to many stipulations, coupons can't be used on pre-orders, coupon only good for first time customers. $5 0ff $30, $10 off $50 when most other sites offered almost twice that off. It was also pretty rare for them to even offer any coupons. I know the have a fair amount of supporters. Ijust never thought they were really competitive. I Always found a better deal somewhere else. On time delivery seemed to be there strong point.
On time delivery: A customer orders a movie from Express.com he has seen 17 times, pays $4 or more than any other site. He gets it on, or before the delivery date, and loves Express.com. That type of logic just doesn't work for me.
Old 07-22-01, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was just looking in their Bagain Basement at Two-Lane Blacktop LE Tin for 23.99, 40% off but then I saw this:

Please Note: Due to the packaging of this title, the shipping charge is equivalent to 5 separate DVDs.

Always did hate their extra shipping charges on a single item.
Old 07-22-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What up Bigjim????

Long time no see!!!!

Express was the best in the business until as someone stated above....they merged with Game Cave and began selling games etc....

Express was my main online company I ordered from on a monthly basis until around Nov 99-Apr 2000...

If they can offer low prices as they once did along with cheap shipping such as the new media mail option that dvdempire is utilizing.....express may just take back the market it lost.