Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

FROZEN and RED CHERRY - anyone know these?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-01, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Both of these Fox-Lorber (yeah, I know about their quality) DVDs are on sale at J&R (Manhattan B&M) for $6.99. They are Chinese films, and I haven't heard of either one - anybody familiar with them?
Old 07-15-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen Frozen, but I keep looking at rentint the vhs version at blockbuster. It looks interesting. If it's the one I am thinking about it is done as or really is a documentary about a guy freezing himself as a performance art, and the whole time he is being documented. I also remember that something about the whole deal is forbidden and that is supposedly the big deal about the movie.
Old 07-15-01, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rented Frozen about a year ago. It's not a documentary,but supposedly is based on a true story of a wacko performance artist in China who kept defying the authorities with his outlandish schemes/art,eventually trying to fulfill a deathwish.The film is well-made and the acting is good,but I really had a hard time relating to the main character and by the end didn't really care if he offed himself or not. I don't think I'd pay even basement price for it, but you could always resell,I guess.