Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: The Arrival 1/2

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: The Arrival 1/2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-01, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw this disc at Wal-Mart for $9.96 which is a pretty good price for two movies. It's an Artisan release with both The Arrival 1 and 2 on one disc (dvd-18 I assume). I looked all over the back but didn't see any mention of whether it was anamorphic or not. Just wondering what kind of quality I should be expecting.
Old 06-30-01, 03:47 AM
Cool New Member

I have this dvd. Neither of the films are anamorphic (yeah i know!)not only that, the first film while having strong definition and colour etc, has a lot of artefacts and film defects. I was very disappointed. The second film looks better but is not a very good film IMO. Maybe they will do a SE of Arrival someday. Sound is pretty good though.
Old 07-01-01, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first is an excellent science fiction movie that was overlooked by many people because it came out right before Independence Day. However, the second is total trash and should be considered only as a special feature that is hardly worth watching. Still definitely worthwhile for the first movie.