DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Music players

Radioactive Boy
06-20-01, 12:46 PM
Just wondering what the music player of choice is nowadays. I had RealPlayer and I didn't really like it. Went to WinAmp which was alright, and now I have MusicMatch on my new system. But I'm wide open to new programs, are there any sleepers out there that you guys recommend? Pros and cons would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Jason Northrup
06-20-01, 01:06 PM
I'm waiting for Winamp 3. It's going to kick a**!

palebluedot
06-20-01, 01:06 PM
I hate Real Player. I have Siren Jukebox and it works great.

goatweed
06-20-01, 04:04 PM
Speaking of realplayer, does anyone know how to stop it from popping up on startup in the systray? I've disabled it via Msconfig, and it stays off until I use it again - then it magically reappaears in the systray, causing me to shut it down via Msconfig.

And I use Winamp religiously - for streams and local mp3's.

Cardiff Giant11
06-20-01, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by dvddude23
Speaking of realplayer, does anyone know how to stop it from popping up on startup in the systray? I've disabled it via Msconfig, and it stays off until I use it again - then it magically reappaears in the systray, causing me to shut it down via Msconfig.

And I use Winamp religiously - for streams and local mp3's.
If you right click the icon and go into preferences there's an option in there somewhere to disable start center. It'll try and get you not to but just click "yes".

braintez
06-20-01, 08:22 PM
I use either Sonique or PCDJ. Just for the basic reason that they have pitch control to change the speed of a song. PCDJ allows mixing of MP3's. Kinda a cool feature to experiment with.

OTS Juke is more of a hardcore DJ program, but you can use it to mix and scratch with OTS files (converted from MP3's or other formats via the program). Consider it the software version of 2 1200's and a mixer.