Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Bigot Alert on Aisle 9...

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Bigot Alert on Aisle 9...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-01, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Actually, it reads more like a very young troll, but seems to be mostly serious, and saying some nasty things about being glad about AIDs, and people deserving it, and all gays being promiscuous, etc...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=112740
Old 05-31-01, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He's also, to judge by the profile, a well-established member. I'll let you handle this. But I'm not going to respond further.
Old 05-31-01, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are not banned for wishing death on people this site needs help. Unintelligent views are one thing but c'mon.
Old 05-31-01, 04:53 PM
Mod Emeritus

Did you email mods? Personally, I'm not reading the thread: I saw it all in the papers and don't think there's much left to say.
Old 05-31-01, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been unclear whether emailing the mods or starting a thread here is likely to be the quicker action. None of the Other Forum mods seemed to have been online at the time.

In reviewing the thread myself, I'd like to point out that I think only one person crossed the line, rather than two or three...

(I put myself into the possible trio, since my first reply was fairly bitter, and in fact, the opposite of my true intent...)
Old 05-31-01, 06:17 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by adamblast
I've been unclear whether emailing the mods or starting a thread here is likely to be the quicker action. None of the Other Forum mods seemed to have been online at the time.
Emailing is faster. Like me the rest of the mods probably have their email checked every minute, so new email is going to be noticed much more quickly than a post in another forum. I only checked this forum a few times a day when I was a full time mod, so I really appreciated emails.

Thanks for taking the time to bring it to our attention though. Any help is appreciated given the volume of threads on the DVDTalk forums!
Old 05-31-01, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by adamblast

In reviewing the thread myself, I'd like to point out that I think only one person crossed the line, rather than two or three...

(I put myself into the possible trio, since my first reply was fairly bitter, and in fact, the opposite of my true intent...)
I say one person made a general comment that maybe they shouldnt have based on their own experiences. Another made a comment that they eventually took back saying that it didnt necessarily come out the way they meant it to. THe one person that "crossed the line" seems to have been you.
Old 05-31-01, 06:48 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Sorry, nothing Adam said was offensive. Hatred spewed like this is disgusting and here's to hoping a ban comes out of this. Just plain wrong.
Old 05-31-01, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dek
Sorry, nothing Adam said was offensive. Hatred spewed like this is disgusting and here's to hoping a ban comes out of this. Just plain wrong.
"Wow. Offensive hardly begins to describe your post. Here's hoping someone you love has to learn such a lesson, too..."

So I suppose wishing harm upon someone is a nice thing?
Old 05-31-01, 07:04 PM
Uber Member

As I said, the moderators are discussing this issue.

As for adam, yes he crossed the line, but it was obviously a reaction to something he found highly offensive. We try to be flexible enough here to allow for people being people.

I left this open for others to comment if they wanted, but it seems to be heading in a less than constructive direction, so I'm going to close this now.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me ([email protected]) or any of the Other forum moderators.