Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen T2? How good is it?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Anyone seen T2? How good is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-01, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw it last night in Circuit City, I couldn't pull the trigger on the $40 price tag though. But the more I think about it the more I seem to want it? Somebody convince me...
Old 05-25-01, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The best Movie / DvD ever!!

I have a Sealed copy that I will be willing to sell. E-mail me if interested.
Old 05-25-01, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
You can find it everywhere for a lot cheaper than $40. I know my local WalMart has it, I think for $30. It's for sale at http://www.moviesource.com for $25.70.
It is a DVD that you absolutely must own. Great picture, thunderous sound, superb extras, awesome animated menus...and the film ain't too bad, either.
Old 05-25-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Terminator Ultimate Edition DVD is almost perfect in every way except video. It is the best transfer on any format, but the richness of the picture lacks in a few scenes. In my opinion it is a must own DVD.

The movie is awesome by the way.
Old 05-25-01, 03:18 PM

Got it ordered thru CH on what seemed to be a misprint. For $25.25 + $3.99 shipping. Verified with customer service and O.K. for their misteak. Can't wait. That completes my enrollment.

Saintsfan
Old 05-25-01, 05:37 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Besides being my favorite movie of all time, it is maybe the greatest DVD of all time.

Three versions of the movie along with an EXTENSIVE textual supplement (It took me 2 weeks to read the whole thing), and many more extras, it's a must own.
Old 12-22-02, 09:04 AM

I know this thread is 10 years old, but this is another review of mine I have. If anyone wants my T1 review, let me know.

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY - ULTIMATE EDITION

The Movie

Back in the 80s, Skynet sent a Terminator back to kill Sarah Connor, ensuring her son John would not live to whipe them out in the future. They failed. Now they'll try again, only this time hitting John at the young age of 10. This time, two Terminators have been sent back, one to protect, and one to kill John. This is another masterpiece from James Cameron, and he seems to be the only man who knows how to handle sequels. Aside from Empire Strikes Back, Aliens and T2 are the only movies that surpass their original. This movie has better character development than the first, and this new "Special Edition" is awesome. Hell, it's not even the "Director's Cut" of the film. That's an easter egg on this disc, which has an alternate ending, and one MORE added scene. A classic this is, and watch this, you must.

10 out of 10

The Video

Can you say "THX OWNS!!!", because thats what happens here. This is just a wonderful looking disc. Colors come in bright and vibrant, darks are exactly what they should be. If you are disappointed with this disc, then I guess you should just stick to VHS tapes. T2 is presented in a marvelous 2:35.1 Widescreen Anamorphic.

9 out of 10

The Audio

Can you say "THX STILL OWNS!!!" because the audio is definetly one of the best transfers ever. Every shotgun blast, every explosion, every machine crunch, liquid blasting sounds awesome. There is only one disc that tops this one, and we all know what that is(give you a hint, it's not Episode II). As with the video, if you are disappointed, then stick to VHS tapes. Three choices here, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX, DTS 5.1 ES, and Dolby Surround 2.0.

10 out of 10

The Extras

Sweet Spock of Vulcans, are there extras. As soon as the menu's come up, you know you've picked up one marvelous disc. First I should mention are the three versions of the film packed onto this disc. Yes, all 3 versions kick ass, and this is the one rare case in which the enhanced versions surpass their original. The alternate ending on version three was exed for obvious reasons, but it was still not that bad. Next is the commentary that has over 20 cast anc crew members. Low on humor, big on info, and yes, all 3 versions have a commentary. The next are the documentaries, which are called "Inforamtion Progams". "The Making of Terminator 2: Judgement Day" is exactly that, documenting the making of the flick. Next is "T2: More Than Meets The Eye" which features cast and crew interviews on what scenes where eliminated from the film and placed into this Special Edition. "The Making of Terminator 2 3D: Breaking the Screen Barrier" and shows us the making of the theme park ride, and sports skecthings for just the ride. Now on to the ad campaigning which is called "Visual Campaigns" here. Every kind of trailer and TV Spot for this film. Even the Special Edition DVD trailer is on here. "Data Hub" is up next and has "Source Code" which is the shooting script, and the background changes from page to page. "Tactical Diagrams" is full of 17 storyboard sequences(700 total). There isn't audio, but the storyboards themself kick enough ass, no audio is needed. "Data Core" comes up next and has "Full Implementaition", which is like a game. If you guess right, you see more of the featurettes. Guess wrong, and you're taken back to "Data Core" menu. "Core Data Sampling" is a nice feature, featuring chapter stops for the supplemental disc. "Interrogation Surveillance Archives" consist of 60 options, each covering a different aspect of the movie. DVD-ROM gives you the choice of watching the film, reading the script, and viewing storyboards at the same time. WHOO, this is an awesome disc. The menus and the metal case kick ass.

10 out of 10

Overall

Meet the only DVD that is just below Fellowship: SEE. That's right, this is the other DVD that takes Pearl Harbor Vista and beats it like the ***** it is. Why in the hell MGM wants to do another version of this movie is beyond me, and whoever made that call has not even layed eyes on this disc. Anyone with a DVD player must own this, and if you don't already, go do yourself a favor and buy this. You cannot be disappointed with it. That is impossible.

DVD Overall Rating - 10 out 10
Old 12-23-02, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by metman86
Saw it last night in Circuit City, I couldn't pull the trigger on the $40 price tag though. But the more I think about it the more I seem to want it? Somebody convince me...
Hey metman, I have seen this around SEVERAL stores for the $19.99 price tag. You should be able to find it. This is without a doubt a top 10 DVD EVER!
Old 12-24-02, 03:31 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by dreamcastrocks
Hey metman, I have seen this around SEVERAL stores for the $19.99 price tag. You should be able to find it. This is without a doubt a top 10 DVD EVER!
I doubt it really matters to him now, as the post you are replying to is over a year-and-a-half old. The poster before you dug this thread out of the depths just to add their own review.
Old 12-24-02, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Anla'shok
I doubt it really matters to him now, as the post you are replying to is over a year-and-a-half old. The poster before you dug this thread out of the depths just to add their own review.

Someone did a search? Wow, I'm shocked!!!
Old 12-26-02, 06:46 PM

how do you do a search for this when there is a 4 letter word minimum?
i'm trying to find out if anyone has had issues with the dts track.
Old 12-26-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone know if T2 has been realesed yet?

ts
Old 12-27-02, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by tommy28
Anyone know if T2 has been realesed yet?

ts
you mean on dvd??..

It`s been out for 2 years now..where the hell have you been??
Old 12-27-02, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It`s been out for 2 years now..where the hell have you been??
Maybe he meant T3 at the theater. I saw the trailer for T3 recently and based upon it, I do not think it will be on par with the prior two movies. It comes out next summer.
Old 12-28-02, 10:39 PM

why so expensive? it's like $22 or so at BB...
Old 12-29-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

T2 has been $19.99 at Wal-Mart for months.........
Old 01-03-03, 01:39 AM

Yup, and they got rid of the metal case.
Old 01-12-03, 11:26 AM

Picked up my copy of T2 in the metal case from Wal-Mart several months ago for 19.99. I believe wal-mart still have the price point, but not the metal cases.

-Tim
Old 01-13-03, 07:05 PM

They stopped making the metal cases about a year ago. You can still find a few in stores though.
Old 01-15-03, 08:45 PM
Cool New Member

someone who thinks THX owns ... (that'd be a first) ... wrote ...

The Video

Can you say "THX OWNS!!!", because thats what happens here. This is just a wonderful looking disc. Colors come in bright and vibrant, darks are exactly what they should be. If you are disappointed with this disc, then I guess you should just stick to VHS tapes. T2 is presented in a marvelous 2:35.1 Widescreen Anamorphic.

9 out of 10
couldn't be more wrong. it's terrible. i compared this transfer to the one on the 97 release, and turns out i didn't need to, as this was the one on the 97 release. there are only minor improvements in clarity (presumably they just touched it up), but it looks like it's the same master they used before. shameful. i'm guessing they spent most of the budget on the extras and were too cheap to fork out for a new hi-def sourced master. that's artisan for you.
or should i say THX, because it's pretty much up to their standard.

Last edited by Andy_MT; 01-15-03 at 08:49 PM.