Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Geoff your Studios forum

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Geoff your Studios forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-01, 11:32 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=103905

I suggest you moderate it more tightly. Martin Blythe showed up in this thread, and then a newby posts a rude reply.
Old 05-13-01, 11:44 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see no problem with his reply. If the studio people can't deal with negative feedback, then they're just wasting our time. All he said was that he refused to buy what he feels are inferior discs, and indicated that he is quite upset about it. Whats the problem?
Old 05-14-01, 12:15 AM
Mod Emeritus

Using the term "Stupidity" to describe a studio (for not putting out DTS discs) after the guy in charge of putting out their DVDs just posted something along the lines of "they ARE (dts discs) coming..." I dunno, it's off-putting. I'm not saying every post should be flowers and roses, hell no! But I think some respect needs to be afforded to the people in charge who are spending time here addressing questions. Otherwise I wouldn't expect Martin to hang around long.

I mean how cool is it the Paramount DVD guy personally responds to a post? Very. Promising answer as well for DTS folks. And then 2 seconds later someone snipes Paramount in the back with a post entitled "Paramount's Stupidity".

Yikes.

Me thinks this forum isn't mature enough to handle a feedback-channel for studios for which the HTF is well known. We'll see I guess.
Old 05-14-01, 11:56 AM
Retired

It was a little rude, but it is true. There is no reason other than stupidity for not releasing discs that cater to home theater enthusiasts as we are still the largest percentage of the dvd market. I do agree that it probably could have been stated better, but like you said this forum has a low level of maturity. That is one of the main reasons I spend less time here than I used to.
Old 05-14-01, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What about changing the studio reps accounts so that instead of having "New Member" or "DVD Talk Icon" under their name, it says "MGM representative", "Paramount representative", etc.?
Old 05-15-01, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by dave955
What about changing the studio reps accounts so that instead of having "New Member" or "DVD Talk Icon" under their name, it says "MGM representative", "Paramount representative", etc.?
I agree, you can't blame a newbie for not knowing that Martin Blythe is from Paramount. I just recently found that out elsewhere, you certainly can't tell from his post. If you just read his one line reply it looks like any schmoe could have written it. There's no way to identify that he's from Paramount other than by searching in detail other posts. Hell I can't even remember where I found out about who he was. He certainly never said anything as far as I've read.
Old 05-15-01, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

AFAIK, VBulletin allows for users to be given "custom" statusses by the administration. Not 100% sure if it's a feature in this version of VB, though... But, nonetheless, it would be a VERY good thing if studios' official representatives could be "tagged" as such, if only to stop people from claiming to be someone they're not. After all, anyone can register a username and pretend to be a high-ranking member of staff at a studio, but if studio reps had some sort of unique identifier that only Geoff could dole out, it's be a Good Thing.
Old 05-15-01, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A little harsh but by no means out of line. Paramount is a business plain and simple, and if people have problems with them, I would hope they would be able to take the heat. He in no way insulted or attacked Mr. Blythe, but instead Paramount's practices. Without some criticism no change would ever be accomplished.

J
Old 05-15-01, 07:03 PM
Mod Emeritus

This badge idea sounds pretty good.
Old 05-16-01, 02:04 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If these studio people are to become useful to us and if we are to become useful to them then there has to be some respect involved.

If we insult them then they just won't come back!

Old 05-17-01, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very true Desmondp.
Old 05-18-01, 02:50 AM
Banned

Hey Geoff:

Its STUDIO!
Not Stuido.
Old 05-23-01, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition