Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews Requested: Criterion Blood for Dracula and Flesh for Frankenstein

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews Requested: Criterion Blood for Dracula and Flesh for Frankenstein

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-01, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't find a single review listed for these films from any of the "experts" our forum hosts.. I tend to agree with about 60% of the opinions I see on this board, so from the horror fanatic reviewers out there who have seen these films: What's your feelings about them? Too Andy Warholish to be good? The price tags are hefty, and my remaining list of DVDs to purchase this summer needs to drop a few... should these two titles still be on it? Thanks for any reviews or feelings about these movies and discs, guys.
Old 05-14-01, 11:29 AM

I don't know about a review from anywhere online, but I have both disks. I think that they are very enjoyable. Both commentaries are good and the movies are great satires. Warhol had nothing to do with the making of the movies. He is just used by the director as a way to get more people to buy tickets. If you like off-kilter comedies, these will float your boat.
Old 05-14-01, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really love Blood for Dracula.....Fleah for Frankenstein is not as good IMO....
If I were you, I would get Dracula and see if I like it before buying Frankenstein.
These are fun, tongue-in-cheek, movies for me. First saw Dracula at a party where some friends and I decided to rent corny films that would be fun to make fun of. Dracula was a great pick....Udo Kier's pronounciation of "virgins" and "whores" are things we still joke about today many years later.....
personal favorite line: "these whores are killing me"
but he pronounces "whores" as rhymes with "sewers"

I guess you could watch these films seriously if you REALLY wanted to, and they are obviously not as humorous to many other people because after Armageddon and The Rock, these two films are probably the two titles people complain about being included in Criterion's collection the most.

[Edited by garmonbozia on 05-14-01 at 05:48 PM]
Old 05-14-01, 05:31 PM

I agree with the above post. BfD is great, and if you like that you will enjoy FfF but not nearly as much.
Old 05-15-01, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...and here's a review of the FfF DVD from Criterion:

http://www.dvdangle.com/reviews/review.php?Id=992

. . .