Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Farscape Vol 1, Primere/ I, E.T starring Ben Browder

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Farscape Vol 1, Primere/ I, E.T starring Ben Browder

Old 05-12-01, 11:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have this DVD? How good is the first DVD in this science fiction series?Extras etc? How's the sound picture etc? Will I get hooked on this series on DVD if you do not get the sci-fi channel?Are the other DVD's of this series any good? How's the special effects?Acting ?

Anybody here own this DVD or the others in this science fiction series?Are they worth buying?
Old 05-12-01, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had never watched the series until I got the first two DVDs, but I must admit that now I'm hooked. In particular, the first DVD, as a DVD, is outstanding. There is an image gallery, a making-of featurette and, most surprising for a TV-related release, an interesting commentary track. The show itself is somewhat derivative--it's becoming difficult for sci-fi series to blaze new territory--but I like the mix of computer animation and puppetry via Jim Henson Studios. The characters are gung-ho, but I like the actors and, in particular, the changing alliances due to the characters' being forced to cooperate to survive. Anyway, this is a short summary, but I'd recommend the series and the discs.
Old 05-13-01, 09:48 AM

Farscape Question?

Hello All,
I love the series as well, and I have picked up all 3 discs so far, can't wait for June 12th for disc #4. I had a quick question about Disc #1. It didn't have a insert other then a little Farscape merchandise catalog.

I didn't think anything was wrong until I opened Disc #2 and #3, which had inserts, I was wondering, Is my disc missing the insert or didn't #1 have one. Thanks for your help.

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks II
Old 05-14-01, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I compleletly agree with Rasalas. I too, did not watch the series untill the DVDs came out & have picked up all 3 although my friends always told me to just because I figured nothing new can be brought to a sci-fi T.V series like that & I am now very hooked. And these DVDs are fantastic for a T.V. series & among my favorite DVDs I own (& I have near 160). The first DVD is great to get you hooked (although the second episode on it has been my least favorite out of all 3 DVDs), it has an excellent behind the scenes featurette, all the DVDs have wonderful & fun commentaries by the actors, & my favorite part of them is the character profiles that each DVD has which is about a 15 minute feature on one of the main characters.

JarJar binks, I have no explanation but my DVD had an insert however none of my DVDs came with a merchandise catalogue, but either way I don't care as long as the DVD is there.
Old 05-14-01, 11:39 AM

Well that sucks,
Anyone have a phone number for ADV video so I can request a re-placment insert. I thought it was weird that #1 didnt, then when 2 and 3 came out, I thought that I had gotten shafted.

Thanks for answering my question, Now if we can get them to release a new DVD every month...I'll be happy. Anyone know after June 12th's release of Disc #4, when we will see disc #5 and so on. Disc #5 will contain one of my favorite episode from season #1, "DNA Mad Scientist" and I can't wait for it.

Jar Jar Binks II