DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: GHOST

Old 04-25-01, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.
I love this movie and would like to know about this DVD.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-01, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone gotten this from Buy.com or anywhere yet. It was supposed to be out yesterday & Amazon says ships in 24 hrs, but Buy.com says the date is 5/21/01? I emailed cs & they said they had no other info. And good luck cancelling anything. I had a cancellation request for a PS2 game that was backordered for 2 months. It went uncancelled for a month despite many emails to cancel it. They said it had already entered the shipping process & couldn't be cancelled. They also rfused to cancel my individual Superman dvds so I could get the boxset (when I preordered it had just come on their site & they didn't have the boxset yet). Now that their csr is email only they are even worse than ever. So I guess I have to wait for their made-up release date.
Old 04-26-01, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just viewed my copy last night....watched the featurette also but have not listened to the commentary.....transfer was nice....5.1 audio was good but do not expect anything spectacular as this movie is mostly dialogue driven except for a couple of scenes!!! If you like the movie, this is well worth a purchase.

You will be interested to find out who else they had considered originally for the part of Sam Wheat....people in my mind that would have not fit into this film all too well. IMHO You will see what I mean when you watch the featurette.
Old 04-28-01, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ghost DVD

I too watched it last night (different night, though) and it is a good disc. I watched a little of the movie to get a feel for it again. The transfer is pretty good. It's anamorphic at least. But its strange how a movie made in 1990 can yield a DVD that looks like a movie from 1970. Maybe it's the magic of time, it had been 10 years after all. Technology is vastly different now.

I watched (listened) the first half of the commentary as well. While it's informative, it could have been even better. There are long passages of stories of what the writer did in his youth, and trips taken. Who needs to know that? There is a 'trick shot' in the loft where the scene looks regular then starts to 'move away' from you, then you realize the action we are seeing is in the reflection of a mirror being handled by a mover. It's an interested shot that I would have liked SOME comment on, but it was not to be. The writer was talking about his visit to Nepal at that point. Oh well...

If you were a fan of "Ghost" back in the day, you won't be dissapointed in this disc. And $17.88 at Fry's ain't bad either.

CFG!