Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

My Little Nicky Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-01, 10:40 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rented this last night, was gonna buy it but I'm low on cash right now.. I'm happy to say though, that it's on my Next On My List List

The movie itself I thought was fun. It had some funny moments, a few good cameos and a great soundtrack Not gonna give away the story or anything, buy if you have a good sense of humor you should like it

It had some good special features too. Like the main menu is a road sign pointing to pain and suffering and scene selections and stuff.. every sign does something, if it's not a real menu destination you get a little animation with something funny happening. There was also a cool documentary on heavy metal, with some old metal gods like Ozzy, Gene Simmons and Ronnie James Dio talking about metal and evilness

And the audio and video quality were both great, though I do wish there was a little more action in the back speakers.. but then it's a comedy that's mostly dialog driven, I guess
Old 04-25-01, 04:33 PM

Has anyone with a Toshiba SD-P1000 tried to play Little Nicky in that player? I'm having problems, it won't even load the disc. The disc worked fine on the Apex I have at work.
Old 04-28-01, 12:05 AM

The only problem I have is that I cannot get the subtitles to work. There doesn't seem to be any - which is odd for a New Line Platinum DVD.

There is not subtitle option on the main menu/Audio and the subtitle button shows English but everytime I try to set it I get that disc error icon.

Also the Audio on the fly doesn't seem to work with the arrow buttons. You must know what the numerical equivalence is to set English 2.0/English 5.1/French/Spanish.

I tried this on two different players (Pioneer and Panasonic) and got the same thing so I don't think it is the players.
Old 04-28-01, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Tee
I thought this film was SOOO, so bad..... click below and read my review

Click here
Some movies are bad in a good way.

-Beebs
Old 04-28-01, 08:02 PM

Some movies are by in a good way, just not Little Nicky. I would normally try and write a decent review, with pros and cons, but this film is just awful in every way. A IQ drops with every viewing of this film.