Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-29-04, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This opening post is always edited and updated

K7L, K7M, K7N, K7P, K7Q are the best online codes giving the lowest average DVD price. A PSN is required to use these codes (previous account number) AND there is NO credit card option at checkout. (lowest average dvd price = 6 enrollment + 1 regular price to fullfill)

You get 5 DVDs for 49¢ each-- shipping and processing is FREE! As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 2 more movies in the next year at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting customer service. ADVANCE BONUS OFFER! Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 1 more movie to buy (instead of 2) in the next year.

----------------------------

1KJ,1KX,1KK,1KG,C7L,C7M,C7W,E7F,C7Y,C7Z ,EBP,C80,C81,C82,C83,C84,C85,C86,C87,C88,C89 are the next best online codes ... NO PSN required and credit card at checkout. USE THESE CODES IF ITS YOUR FIRST TIME ORDERING (or dont want to bother with a PSN) (lowest average dvd price = 7 enrollment + 2 regular price to fullfill)

Best codes w/ PSN DR5, BZW, BWJ, 1LM, LMT, LMY, 38Y, IKJ, 59H, 59J (lowest average dvd price = 7 enrollment + 2 regular price to fullfill)
These codes to be used if you have a PSN (previous account number) to spare, otherwise use the first set of codes. No Credit card at checkout
You get 6 DVDs for 49¢ each--FREE shipping and processing.
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 each plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 7th movie now for the special price of just $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing) and have only 2 more movies to buy at regular Club prices(instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take an 8th movie for $9.95 (FREE shipping and processing).

Last edited by ITALIAN926; 09-30-06 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-30-04, 02:51 PM

thanks !

-nox
Old 03-30-04, 03:11 PM

I just rejoined the other day. Can't remember the code but it is this same deal (PSN was required). I'll be getting:

Seabiscuit
Weird Science
Reign of Fire
Undercover Brother
Watership Down
Rocky IV
Old 03-30-04, 06:00 PM

Nice! I tried to do something like this a while back but had far fewer codes. Add to the list e7h and 72s (and variations).
Old 04-07-04, 11:38 AM

I know u guys need these codes, so TOP ! :-D
Old 04-09-04, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any of these require credit card on order? I find more of my accounts go through when I have to pay up front.
Old 04-09-04, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by ENDContra
Any of these require credit card on order? I find more of my accounts go through when I have to pay up front.
I couldn't agree more

Sade
Old 04-09-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ENDContra
Probably not. But you can check by placing a mock order and seeing if the code requires a PSN. If it does then it is likely that you won't be required to pay up-front with a credit card (but you can't tell for sure except by actually placing the order).

Of course, this whole question is moot if you call in your orders. Those always require payment by credit card. Up to you.
Old 04-09-04, 11:12 AM

Hey guys.. I just tried three of the codes and Im not trying any more because my 3rd attempt got processed without the option for a credit card so Im kinda bummed about that !!! LOL See the sacrafices I make for you people?? lol

OK 36X and 3LL both gave the credit card option.....

GK0 did NOT have the pay now option.

YOURE WELCOME !!!!!
Old 04-09-04, 11:30 AM

ALRIGHT GUYS.... I Investigated further and tested EVERY CODE.

IF the code starts with 3 you will get a credit card option at checkout. SO........

36X, 3LL, 37F, 37G, 37H, 3LM, & 3LC are all codes to use a credit card.

:updated opening post

Last edited by ITALIAN926; 04-09-04 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks! That should be a big help to those who want to pay up-front with a credit card. It also likely means that those codes can be used for mail-in enrollments by selecting that option, printing out the order, and mailing it in with a check.
Old 04-10-04, 02:00 AM
Cool New Member

These codes only work when you first sign up, correct? I've looked through several pages (skimmed rather) for mailing codes and found nothing. Is this the case or is there a reason behind the madness? Thanks-
Old 04-10-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by AlphaOmega
These codes only work when you first sign up, correct? I've looked through several pages (skimmed rather) for mailing codes and found nothing. Is this the case or is there a reason behind the madness? Thanks-
These are enrollment codes for new accounts and have nothing to do with existing accounts.

"On-line codes" (sale offer codes) for existing accounts have limited utility, since they only work if you happen to have that offer on your account. And most (but not all) sale offers aren't of much value anyway. There hasn't been a systematic collection of those codes so far as I am aware. The sale offer that is of greatest value, "free shipping for three" usually applies to all accounts when it occurs and doesn't need a code.
Old 04-16-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for all the effort, ITALIAN926. Good info!
Old 04-20-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Originally posted by ITALIAN926

IF the code starts with 3 you will get a credit card option at checkout. SO........

Thanks for the research. I'll incorporate it into the next changes to the FAQ.
Old 04-23-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just FYI - Two days ago when I called my orders/apps in, the CSR said that the code I was trying to use (178) was coming up "Invalid". So, it appears that another is going the wayside - maybe? That would explain my missing apps recently sonce I was using 178 exclusively for them. Anyways, I got my order in with 67P - which still works for now.
Old 04-23-04, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by thejester
Just FYI - Two days ago when I called my orders/apps in, the CSR said that the code I was trying to use (178) was coming up "Invalid". So, it appears that another is going the wayside - maybe? That would explain my missing apps recently sonce I was using 178 exclusively for them. Anyways, I got my order in with 67P - which still works for now.
Its still working online. I'll never call CH to order an enrollment package.
Old 04-23-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its still working online. I'll never call CH to order an enrollment package.
Well, something is going on. I've done 4 applications in the last 2 months thru one of my accounts & gotten zippo. All 4 were using the "178" code.

I call in an app & the CSR says that the 178 offer is invalid & the default offer is coming up in it's place. The CSR read me the offer details for the supposed "178" and when I say that's not right, she says that it did come up as invalid & the default offer applied.

Needless to say, I asked to switch to another code offer - in this case 67P. The details on that one came back correct.

The online site might still be taking it, but how many have actually gotten it to work lately?

Last edited by thejester; 04-23-04 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-23-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I used 178 for my last order one month ago (3/22). Everything went smoothly.
Old 04-26-04, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think CH is being greedy and is going to eventually lose a lot of customers.

We know CH was doing very well, now they decided to up the fulfillments so they can make even more money. It seems to me like they are slowly eliminating all of the 6/2 codes.

Don't they realize that their new 6/4 basic offer is not very enticing? You get 6 dvds for under $20 but then have to spend at least $80 to fulfill.

A person can go to walmart or bestbuy, etc and pick up these same titles for $10-$15.

I think they are in trouble if they continue with this plan.
Old 04-27-04, 09:58 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I just tried to join with one of these...it told me that I'd only need two to fufill, then when I got to the end, it said I need to buy 4 more at regular prices?? Is this just a glitch when you get to the sign up page?
Old 04-27-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bballing
I think CH is being greedy and is going to eventually lose a lot of customers.

We know CH was doing very well, now they decided to up the fulfillments so they can make even more money. It seems to me like they are slowly eliminating all of the 6/2 codes.

Don't they realize that their new 6/4 basic offer is not very enticing? You get 6 dvds for under $20 but then have to spend at least $80 to fulfill.

A person can go to walmart or bestbuy, etc and pick up these same titles for $10-$15.

I think they are in trouble if they continue with this plan.
Columbia House has been using this business model for DECADES. While they have upped the standard fulfillment requirement a bit they went to free shipping for enrollments (presumably because their surveys showed that customers hate the shipping charge). If anything, their standard deal is a bit cheaper than it was a few years ago.

Most Columbia House customers buy more than the minimum required fulfillments, despite it not being cost effective to do so. While you may be aware that the standard deal isn't that good compared to the strategies we use, the complexity of it obscures the true cost for most folks.

The standard deal isn't all that bad if one doesn't buy more than the required fulfillments and uses the $5 off web site. It works out to about $10.12 per DVD. This would be even less during "free shipping for three". Four of those DVDs could be new releases or pre-orders; I doubt that you could get those for $10 at Wal-Mart.
Old 04-27-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BackStJoe
I just tried to join with one of these...it told me that I'd only need two to fufill, then when I got to the end, it said I need to buy 4 more at regular prices?? Is this just a glitch when you get to the sign up page?
This is a known glitch in the web site. It has been described in several threads including This One.

After reviewing the details of the offer you entered, DO NOT use the "Shop for DVDs Now" link. If you do it will revert to the standard offer. Instead, use the search function or back up to the previous page.
Old 04-27-04, 03:19 PM

Isnt it amazing how a company as large as Columbia House can have these OBVIOUS glitches in their website?? Not just the "shop for DVD's now" glitch, but even more so, the inability to change your fullfillments to regular price at checkout. Im sure by now theyve gotten 1000's of complaints, yet they cant get the site straightened out. This is obviously done on purpose to basically STEAL from ignorant people and to give the knowledgeable a hassle. These arent temporary glitches, theyve been around for a year now.

Last edited by ITALIAN926; 04-27-04 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 09:58 PM
Banned

What does the PSN number tell columbia house? Is that where the order is shipped? Can I use a PSN that I found on google, or will that effect someone else's account?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.