Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-16, 08:34 PM   #1
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,924
2016 Fall Simulcasts

The Fall 2016 chart is available:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...16-anime-chart

I'm definitely looking forward to another season of Natsume's Book of Friends. That's one of my all-time favorite shows.

I'm also interested in Sangatsu no Lion (March Comes in Like a Lion). Shaft usually puts out good stuff.

Sound! Euphonium is coming back for another season. I still have to watch the first one.

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari (Poco's Udon World) might be good. Looks like a slow-paced slice of life show, kinda similar to Barakamon.

The Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) movie comes out on Sept 17th. The manga was amazing. KyoAni is doing the film and the trailer looks beautiful. Time to stock up on tissues. I hope it gets licensed for a US release.
__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 09:08 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kametsu
Posts: 707
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

  • Drifters (from the creator of Hellsing / Hellsing Ultimate)
  • Ajin S2
  • Occultic;Nine

These are the only three I'm really looking forward to this Fall. I'll probably tune in Gundam IBO S2, but I'm not that hyped about it after most of S1 being filler-ish type padding that didn't do it for me. Overall this Fall is a weak season for Anime in comparison to the Summer season which has been the strongest season this year.

I like this site for charts though: http://anichart.net/fall as it lets you hide those you're not interested in (via marking red), as well as letting you mark others yellow or green depending on your interest and such... It even gives you a weekly calendar located here: http://anichart.net/airing so you can keep up with what shows are airing what days and when, although I have this feature at other places like my own coded local calendar and trakt.tv

All Crunchyroll did was chop/splice up neregates chart which is typically not very accurate (in past seasons it's listed stuff that didn't air that season and such...)
__________________
[MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Trakt.tv]
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 09:33 PM   #3
DVD Talk Legend
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,599
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

Ajin Season 2 is now on Crunchyroll, not Netflix?

Not sure what to watch this season. I only watched few summer simulcasts (RE:Zero, Berserk, Amanchu!, and Alderamin of the Sky)

I probably will watch Ajin season 2, and Yowamushi Pedal: Spare Bike... But rest will be trail watch and see if I like or not.
__________________
Is that the best you can do, you pansies? - Marv in Sin City

Croc RULE!

Last edited by McHawkson; 08-31-16 at 09:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 09:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kametsu
Posts: 707
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHawkson View Post
Ajin Season 2 is now on Crunchyroll, not Netflix?

Not sure what to watch this season. I only watched few summer simulcasts (RE:Zero, Berserk, Amanchu!, and Alderamin of the Sky)

I probably will watch Ajin season 2, and Yowamushi Pedal: Spare Bike... But rest will be trail watch and see if I like or not.
Nah, Ajin is still on Netflix most likely. This list in no way represents what Crunchyroll is actually doing. Crunchyroll won't announce their actual line up until a few days before the season. They just cut up Neregates seasonal chart which lists everything premiering this season is all. Doesn't mean Crunchyroll has it, doesn't even mean it'll all be Simulcast either.
__________________
[MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Trakt.tv]
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 06:41 AM   #5
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,946
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

In for the third season of Haikyu!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 07:17 PM   #6
DVD Talk Legend
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,599
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Nah, Ajin is still on Netflix most likely. This list in no way represents what Crunchyroll is actually doing. Crunchyroll won't announce their actual line up until a few days before the season. They just cut up Neregates seasonal chart which lists everything premiering this season is all. Doesn't mean Crunchyroll has it, doesn't even mean it'll all be Simulcast either.
I see... I quickly assumed that it would show on Crunchyroll since the list is from their website. They could at least add "show on [insert what network]."
__________________
Is that the best you can do, you pansies? - Marv in Sin City

Croc RULE!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 09:51 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kametsu
Posts: 707
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHawkson View Post
I see... I quickly assumed that it would show on Crunchyroll since the list is from their website. They could at least add "show on [insert what network]."
The 'chart' is actually just taken and chopped up from Neregate located here: https://neregate.com/blog/2016/07/30/fall-2016-anime/
__________________
[MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Trakt.tv]
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 08:01 AM   #8
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
chrisc31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,257
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

So far I a going to watch Keijo!!!!!!!!, ViVid Strike!, My Wife is the Student Council President+!, and Gi(a)rlish Number.

I will give Flip Flappers another episode.

I still have animes to try, I could add more.

Last edited by chrisc31; 10-08-16 at 05:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 03:30 PM   #9
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,924
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc31 View Post
I still have animes to try, I could add more.
Have you watched Natsume's Book of Friends? It's one of the best shows I've seen. I highly recommend it.
__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 01:10 AM   #10
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,924
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

So we're about halfway through the season. Is there anything that's really good? Hopefully some sleeper hit that I've missed?

The only shows I'm watching right now are Natsume's Book of Friends, March Comes in Like a Lion, Scorching Ping Pong Girls, and Poco's Udon World. I like the first 3 shows. but I'm disappointed by Poco. I was hoping it would be similar to Barakamon.
__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 01:30 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Koby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kametsu
Posts: 707
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
So we're about halfway through the season. Is there anything that's really good? Hopefully some sleeper hit that I've missed?

The only shows I'm watching right now are Natsume's Book of Friends, March Comes in Like a Lion, Scorching Ping Pong Girls, and Poco's Udon World. I like the first 3 shows. but I'm disappointed by Poco. I was hoping it would be similar to Barakamon.
I'm liking Bloodivores. It's a Chinese-Japanese collaboration anime (like Hitori no Shita: The Outcast of last season). It's on Crunchyroll.

Drifters just started being SimulDubbed on FUNimation this last Sunday, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's by the same person who created Hellsing / Hellsing Ultimate and it has very similar artwork to the latter.

Izetta, The Last Witch has been pretty good so far imo as well, but as I'm watching FUNimation's SimulDub; I'm only 3 episodes into it.
__________________
[MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Trakt.tv]
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0