Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

A Silent Voice - movie

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

A Silent Voice - movie

Old 09-07-17, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Silent Voice - movie

I read manga on Crunchyroll couple months ago and liked it. I'm surprised to see it made into movie. I kind of expected it to run on short anime series.

I don't know if I will watch it since it kind of bought up my bad memories that I worked so hard to buried it. I was bullied by hearing people when I was kid. It wasn't easy for me to read this manga but I thought it was good story through.
Old 09-11-17, 08:17 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: A Silent Voice - movie

Theater list is now up @ http://www.elevenarts.net/asilentvoice (more to be listed). Select screenings starts October 20.
Old 11-08-17, 01:59 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Re: A Silent Voice - movie

I just watched this. I thought KyoAni did a decent job. The animation was beautlful. But they barely touched on a few plot points that I thought was very important. It's hard to condense 7 volumes into 2 hours.

Spoiler:
A few things the movie didn't give enough attention: That she kept saying "Sorry", because she felt that everything was her fault. Also, her mother refusing to learn sign language, and the negative results from her hearing tests added to her self-loathing. And ultimately, the flashbacks to when she came home from elementary school and said she wished she was dead. That was a heartbreaking moment. Most of that stuff was glossed over in the film.

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I don't know if I will watch it since it kind of bought up my bad memories that I worked so hard to buried it. I was bullied by hearing people when I was kid. It wasn't easy for me to read this manga but I thought it was good story through.
I was reluctant to watch the movie, because the manga left me a blubbering mess. But the movie was much easier to watch. They glossed over some of the harshest moments. And while there was still some sad scenes, it was mostly a healing movie.

Last edited by TheBigDave; 11-08-17 at 02:52 AM.