Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump Manga - $4.99/year 50 issues (today only)

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-17, 05:33 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

There's a sale today on Weekly Shonen Jump digital manga from Viz. You get a 1-Year Subscription for $9.99 and there's a $5 Off coupon code. That makes it $4.99 for 50 issues. You can pay using Paypal or credit card.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Use the promo code SJDVDBR16

This is a weekly digital manga that you can read on the web or with iOS/Android mobile devices. I use my iPad and it looks great. It includes a bunch of popular series like One Piece, Naruto, My Hero Academia, RWBY, One Punch Man, Food Wars, and more.

Source: AniTAY
Old 01-30-17, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Re: Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump Manga - $4.99/year 50 issues (today only)

Hmm. Only catch is you don't get the yugioh cards they usually throw in. But I'll reup for another year, taking me through 2018. Thanks TheBigDave.

They're in a bit of a bind right now because they're a bit lacking in series. Bleach and Nisekoi both ended, Boruto is only a monthly (there is no Naruto anymore) and the last Shonen Jumpstart they picked died quickly. I know they added RWBY but that, along with Yugioh, is nigh incomprehensible to me. Still an amazing value.
Old 01-30-17, 11:28 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
They're in a bit of a bind right now because they're a bit lacking in series. Bleach and Nisekoi both ended, Boruto is only a monthly (there is no Naruto anymore) and the last Shonen Jumpstart they picked died quickly.
I really miss my weekly dose of Nisekoi. That was my favorite manga.

According to AniTAY, they're starting 6 new series. One a week for the next 6 weeks.
Old 01-31-17, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

I think those are just jump starts, though they will probably pick one or two up and hope they stick.

Right now for weekly series they have One Piece, which is not as popular here as it is in Japan, Food Wars, Black Clover, My Hero Academia and the newish Promised Neverland. World Trigger is on indefinite hiatus while the author recovers, Hunter x Hunter is always on hiatus for the same reason. Right now they're lucky they're sitting on a backlog of the monthly RWBY and One Punch Man that they can use to fill out the issues