Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Old 02-04-15, 12:24 AM   #1

Pokemon TV

Pokemon TV just got added to the Roku. It looks like there's about 50 episodes. The video quality seems to be SD, but it's free and I didn't see any commercials.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...on-tv-on-roku/
Old 02-04-15, 08:12 AM   #2

Re: Pokemon TV

Here's the link to Pokemon TV in the Roku Channel Store:

https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/50867/pokmon-tv
Old 02-04-15, 09:47 AM   #3
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Pokemon TV just got added to the Roku. It looks like there's about 50 episodes. The video quality seems to be SD, but it's free and I didn't see any commercials.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...on-tv-on-roku/
I probably have all these episodes on tape, but this might be a good incentive to try to get my Roku set up to see how these look. (It's still in the box from when I bought it at Radio Shack a year or two ago.)

BTW, the new Pokemon season starts this Saturday, Feb. 7 on Cartoon Network, 8AM, EST.
Old 02-06-15, 01:16 PM   #4
DVD Talk Legend

Not free, obviously, but Netflix also has a ton of Pokemon.

Thanks for the heads up on the new season, Ash, I'll be watching with my daughter.
Old 12-17-16, 12:32 PM   #5
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't realize the new TV season, Sun and Moon, moved to Disney XD. They have the first two episodes streaming, otherwise I think it starts in January. The animation is very different.
Old 12-22-16, 04:47 AM   #6
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Didn't realize the new TV season, Sun and Moon, moved to Disney XD. They have the first two episodes streaming, otherwise I think it starts in January. The animation is very different.
Yeah, I just found out myself--and I missed the latest Pokémon movie, which ran on Disney and not CN. How were we supposed to know?
Old 12-22-16, 10:07 AM   #7
DVD Talk Legend

The movie was still available on demand (on DIRECTV at least) and streaming (once linked to your cable/satellite account). That's how I downloaded it for the kids.
Old 12-31-16, 05:54 AM   #8
DVD Talk Legend

The newest Pokémon movie will be repeated today, Dec. 31, at 12 Noon (EST) on Disney XD, followed by the first two eps. of Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Old 12-31-16, 04:37 PM   #9
DVD Talk Legend

Weird I did a search early this morning for sun and moon on DIRECTV and it didn't find anything, so I figured it wasn't going to be on yet.
Old 12-31-16, 07:01 PM   #10
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Weird I did a search early this morning for sun and moon on DIRECTV and it didn't find anything, so I figured it wasn't going to be on yet.
I watched the movie and the two episodes--three hours of Pokémon on the last day of the year. I enjoyed the movie and wish I'd seen it on the big screen.

The jury's still out on the Sun & Moon episodes. It's a got a whole new design style. Ash looks quite different and wears different clothes. It's set in the "Alola Islands," i.e. Hawaii. It plays like a prequel to the main series since he's traveling with his mother and he looks and acts younger.
Old 01-02-17, 12:48 AM   #11
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah that's what I meant when I said the animation is very different, a lot softer and more fluid but definitely a bit jarring. Poor Serena was thrown aside just like Misty, it seems.
Old 01-02-17, 06:26 PM   #12
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Yeah that's what I meant when I said the animation is very different, a lot softer and more fluid but definitely a bit jarring. Poor Serena was thrown aside just like Misty, it seems.
I wish they'd do a spin-off series with her. I consider her the most interesting female character the franchise has ever had. Remember when she first cut her hair and changed her outfit?