Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-14, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Synopsis: Yoshiharu Sagara thought he knew his Japanese history backwards and forwards, but when he inexplicably finds himself in the past everything he thought he knew was wrong and he's in a very different history altogether! Not only is this timeline's version of the legendary (and very male) Oda Nobunaga now the cute (and very female) Oda Nobuna, but one of the first things Yoshiharu manages to accidentally accomplish is getting one of the Sengoku era's most important historical figures killed!

Still, when you're stuck in the past, have a semi-reliable knowledge of one possible future, and there's now a vacancy in the history books, what's your best present course of action? Aligning yourself with someone with the potential to become one of the most powerful warlords in any of Japan's possible histories might not be a bad start. Provided, of course, that you can keep yourself from becoming too intimately involved in the cloak and dagger action during a time when the cloaks cover body armor and the daggers are paired with multiple swords! But that's just part of the risk you assume when your history becomes her story!
via Rightstuf

Ambition of Oda Nobuna, The Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)

Ambition of Oda Nobuna, The DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Date Available - December 16 2014

Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles
Old 09-27-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Ambition of Oda Nobuna

This anime reminds me of Battle Girls: Time Paradox

Last edited by chrisc31; 09-27-14 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-28-14, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am watching "The Ambition of Oda Nobuna" for the first time in english, I am glad I bought the Blu-ray. Its rare I watch an entire anime in one evening.
Old 12-30-14, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc31
This anime reminds me of Battle Girls: Time Paradox
It did remind me of that show, though this one is more grounded and has less fan service. I thought it was a very decent series, I like the idea of someone getting stuck in a past time. The storylines were handled with an even touch, it walked the line between serious and lighthearted very well.