Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Old 04-07-14, 11:28 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3I5OKEh12Ek?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

English dub trailer is up.
Published on Apr 7, 2014

In the underground Diamond Domain, where many Carbink live, the Mythical Pokémon Diancie serves as ruler. The Heart Diamond that sustains the land is beginning to fall apart, and Diancie is not yet strong enough to create a new one. While seeking help from the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas, Diancie encounters a group of thieves who want to take control of its diamond-producing power—and who awaken the Legendary Pokémon Yveltal from its cocoon in the process! Can Ash and his friends help Diancie discover its true power, stop Yveltal's rampage, and save the Diamond Domain?
Old 04-10-14, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 209 Posts
Re: Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

When is it opening in Japan? Usually, the Pokemon films don't open till the summer. And they don't even TALK about an English dub till after that. I just wish they'd play this in theaters in the U.S. like they used to. I'm totally psyched for this. I'm really enjoying the current season on TV and I think Ash and Serena make an excellent team.
Old 05-10-14, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts

So I've successfully introduced my daughter to pokemon and we're going through the movies. I have that Blu ray 4 pack of movies 4 through 7. It comes with no extras, not even the pikachu shorts that were apparently on the original DVDs.

I can understand the dubbed version being somewhat cut, but are they at least including extras now? Also, does any release have anything as heinous as this evil value/dark tint on pokemon heroes (which made me think something was wrong with my tv)? Any recommendations? She's into x and Y because of the series and game so I'm definitely getting this latest one when it comes out.
Old 05-11-14, 12:51 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
When is it opening in Japan? Usually, the Pokemon films don't open till the summer. And they don't even TALK about an English dub till after that. I just wish they'd play this in theaters in the U.S. like they used to. I'm totally psyched for this. I'm really enjoying the current season on TV and I think Ash and Serena make an excellent team.
Looks like mid-summer. In turns of turnaround time, it's not a surprise anymore. Pokémon International is pushing out their newer titles faster now.

Originally Posted by fujishig
So I've successfully introduced my daughter to pokemon and we're going through the movies. I have that Blu ray 4 pack of movies 4 through 7. It comes with no extras, not even the pikachu shorts that were apparently on the original DVDs.

I can understand the dubbed version being somewhat cut, but are they at least including extras now?
Those Echo Bridge (of which supposedly the distribution agreement has ended) releases have been some of the best anime best sellers in recent years. Unfortunately, they fit as much content as they can on to one disc.

Also, does any release have anything as heinous as this evil value/dark tint on pokemon heroes (which made me think something was wrong with my tv)? Any recommendations? She's into x and Y because of the series and game so I'm definitely getting this latest one when it comes out.
Maybe Ash Ketchum can chime in on this part since I'm not a Pokémon expert. In terms of online content, there are more content on Hulu / Hulu+.
Old 11-08-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 209 Posts

I didn't think of this thread until after I finished watching the movie on Cartoon Network today, its premiere U.S. showing. It's quite beautifully designed and animated, but I didn't like the story too much. Everything moved too fast and there were way too many characters and at least four different factions trying to abduct poor Diancie. Then when the Cocoon of Destruction emerges late in the film, it's completely out of left field. I don't think we were given enough info about any of the elements to get us emotionally involved at all the way we were with Genesect in last year's movie. The main characters don't get as much to do either.

Kids, esp. girls, will like Diancie, though. Kids don't need as much info as I do to get into a story like this.
Old 11-12-14, 11:34 PM
WTK

via RightStuf
- Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and Cocoon of Destruction - 90 minutes - $19.97 - 2/17/15