Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Originally Posted by printerati
I started Sunday Without God tonight, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. The premise is interesting, and it's nice to see the living dead not treated as mindless zombies for once, but the pacing of the show is a bit too brisk, underdeveloping some things and rushing through the exposition of others. I haven't read the novels, but I assume there is just too much to cram into 13 episodes, which is unfortunate.
I think the show has shown some potential, though I agree the first arc seemed rushed. That storyline could have easily played out over 5 or 6 episodes.

WATAMOTE ~No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys Fault I’m Not Popular!~

Watamote comes out of left field, it has a very unique sense of humor. Very enjoyable to watch but I wonder about the poorly developed supporting cast.

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen

I liked the original Rozen Maiden series, but this new one is moving very slowly for me. I also realized it so far lacks one of the original's key elements for me, the English voice for Shinku. I'd probably like it better with the original English voice cast in a dub.
Old 08-27-13, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

Breezed through GIRLS und PANZER and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I wish the series was longer so that they could have fleshed out more of the history of girls driving tanks, participating in wars, etc. That would have allowed them to avoid the one "oh, by the way...we beat this team" moment, too.

I have also really enjoyed the past few episodes of Attack on Titan with the female giving chase.
Old 08-28-13, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I recently discovered Maid Sama!, a funny shojo series. The supporting characters are all pretty humorous.
Old 09-05-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finished No. 6 the other day, and was pretty disappointed with the resolution(s) since they did such a good job establishing the setting(s) in a short amount of time. Also, considering the amount of not-so-subtle gay references, I was expecting much more exploration of that dynamic. Great opening track, though. Despite being only 11 episodes, it probably isn't something I would watch again.
Old 09-06-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Highly recommend Servant x Service to everyone, a slice-of-life office comedy about a group of clueless civil servants. Gentle humor and a fully developed ensemble cast. It's currently airing now but nearing the end of its run. I'm hoping it gets a second season.
Old 09-06-13, 06:22 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I'm really enjoying Silver Spoon. The show is hilarious, but it's also got a lot of heart. It's probably my favorite this season.
Old 09-13-13, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I started Sunday Without God tonight, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. The premise is interesting, and it's nice to see the living dead not treated as mindless zombies for once, but the pacing of the show is a bit too brisk, underdeveloping some things and rushing through the exposition of others. I haven't read the novels, but I assume there is just too much to cram into 13 episodes, which is unfortunate.
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think the show has shown some potential, though I agree the first arc seemed rushed. That storyline could have easily played out over 5 or 6 episodes.
This show continues to rush through things. They introduced damn near a dozen new characters in a new setting, and then left all but one of them behind (for now?) two episodes later. It's enjoyable to watch, and I absolutely love the introduction of the closing track, but it's past the halfway point now and I still have no idea where they are going with anything.
Old 09-15-13, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This show continues to rush through things. They introduced damn near a dozen new characters in a new setting, and then left all but one of them behind (for now?) two episodes later. It's enjoyable to watch, and I absolutely love the introduction of the closing track, but it's past the halfway point now and I still have no idea where they are going with anything.
That first arc was really great and had a lot of intrigue in the concept. It hasn't been plotted that well since and the show has tried introducing a lot of different characters and other concepts. Unless there is some spectacular wrap-up involving the various storylines, it will finish half-baked like a lot of other anime.

The first season of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLY just wrapped up, the show has already been renewed for another season. They crossed the Fate / stay night universe with magical girl themes from Puella Magi Madoka Magica for the show's premise. It's pretty entertaining if you want to see how magical girls operate within the Fate mythology.
Old 09-15-13, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no current anime's that I am watching.
Old 09-15-13, 07:54 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
Of the many new summer series so far, these are the ones that have interested me. The best one is probably among WATAMOTE, Gatchaman Crowds, and Genshiken Second Season.
Genshiken: Second Season has been excellent. I wasn't expecting to like it, because the manga really disappointed me when the original club members were replaced. But for some reason, I'm loving the anime.

This week's episode was the one everyone has been waiting to see. And they pulled it off perfectly. It was easily the best episode of the entire series.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/genshiken...episode-641853
Old 09-15-13, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am watching Episode 3 of Maken-Ki!
Old 09-15-13, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I am watching Episode 3 of Maken-Ki!
Is it better than High School DxD? I was strongly disappointed with that mess of a show, after a blind buy.
Old 09-16-13, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it better than High School DxD? I was strongly disappointed with that mess of a show, after a blind buy.
I only got to watch 3 episodes of Maken-Ki! so far, I am enjoying it. Maken-Ki! is kind of like parts of Sekirei, Freezing and Demon King Daimao put together. I liked the first season of High School DxD but the second season I am very disappointed.

Last edited by chrisc31; 09-16-13 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-16-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I only got to watch 3 episodes of Maken-Ki! so far, I am enjoying it. Maken-Ki! is kind of like parts of Sekirei, Freezing and Demon King Daimao put together. I liked the first season of High School DxD but the second season I am very disappointed.
More like Sekirei and Demon King sounds better to me.
Old 09-16-13, 01:55 PM

I am back into watching anime and can't tell you how happy I am to finally be into it again!

Just finished watching Bubblegum Crisis 2040 and now I'm on Now and Then, Here and There...what a ridiculously depressing show
Old 09-17-13, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

More like Sekirei and Demon King sounds better to me.
If you don't watch a few episodes first, buy it for the intense fanservice not because I said it was like Sekirei and Demon King .
Old 09-17-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you don't watch a few episodes first, buy it for the intense fanservice not because I said it was like Sekirei and Demon King .
I'm familiar with all those shows you mentioned and thought High School DxD was by far the weakest of all four. The heavy fan service shows don't do much for me if the story couldn't work without it.
Old 09-24-13, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have watched quite several and I'll try to remember:

Currently watching:

Attack on Titan (one more episode left )
Stella Women's Academy
RailGun
Ground Control to Pyschoelectric Girl

I'm working on what to watch next...

Finished:

YuriYuri
Blue Drop (bit disappointed ending)
Soranowoto (seems to rush or skipped to end pretty quickly)
Fate Zero (I get the Basilisk feeling when I watched Fate Zero)
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusion! (I know there's more, but Hulu is not adding anything else.)
Golgo 13 (enjoyed it and Hulu not showing any more episodes?)
The Devil is a Part Timer! (liked the show)
Girls & Panzer (liked the show)
BTOOOM! (liked the show, is there any more of it?)
Vivdred Operation (it's okay show)

All I can remember for now.
Old 09-28-13, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://funimation.com/hyperdimension-neptunia

This photo I saw last night got me to watch Hyperdimension Neptunia

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mc4coUqWSkc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RSb1tMWymI8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by chrisc31; 09-29-13 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-28-13, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
BTOOOM! (liked the show, is there any more of it?)
I posted about it in here a couple of months ago. Not only is there not enough material (from the manga) to do a second series yet, the DVD sales in Japan on the first series were apparently atrocious, so a second series is extremely unlikely. Shame, because I enjoyed it for the most part, too.
Old 09-29-13, 11:50 AM

I just keep tumbling down tumbling down tumbling dooooowwwwwn......

I have just completed my Evangelion marathon. Watched the TV series, then Death and Rebirth, EoE and finally the Rebuild movies. It wasn't the first time I had seen the original tv series but was the first time watching the rebuild movies. I must say, they are fantastic. But nothing....NOTHING could prepare me for what is the most spectacular and memorable ending to any series ever..."The End of Evangelion". That movie is simply phenomenal!!!!!!

I'll just leave you with this.....

(DON'T WATCH if you haven't seen EoE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCLoNOYcVQU
Old 10-03-13, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Unless there is some spectacular wrap-up involving the various storylines, it will finish half-baked like a lot of other anime.
Yeah...that didn't happen. Sunday without God introduced yet another storyline in episode 10 and (more or less) wrapped it up as the finale in episode 12, with no explanation as to how the final scene is even possible if playing by the rules that were established earlier in the series for both Gravekeepers and the walking dead. So much wasted potential...
Old 10-04-13, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched Wanna be the Strongest in the World Episode 1 – An Idol-Wrestler is Born!, and I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job on Crunchyroll. I liked the 1st episodes.

I will give Crunchyroll another chance I just joined for a year so I can watch animes as they play in Japan, I have not been a member since July 2011 after being a member for two years. Normally Crunchyroll waits a few days to stream shows but I think everything I want to watch is going to be simulcast within a day of showing in Japan this fall plus I can watch in HD.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZC5P8lRD-X0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by chrisc31; 10-06-13 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-06-13, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I got through the first season of Sankarea: Undying Love. On the surface the premise sounds fun, the idea of a zombie-loving guy finding a hot zombie. I didn't think they explored that idea in any real depth or funny manner, instead preferring to focus on a very weird relationship between said zombie girl and her creepy father.

The show needed more polishing. It's not horrible but they took the idea in a vaguely boring direction.
Old 10-06-13, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Golden Time
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YoJ5zy4o5AI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Via ANN

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural

Plot Summary: Banri finds himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he runs into another lost freshman from the same school, Mitsuo Yanagisawa, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appears in front of them a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses, who hits Mitsuo across the face with them and hands the flowers over to him. This stylish, well dressed, and perfect woman is his childhood friend Kōko Kaga. As children, they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well-known private college, but she also took the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.

Banri Tada is a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo. Due to the after-effects of an accidental fall from a bridge shortly after high school graduation, he lost all his memories from before then. At the time of the accident, Banri's soul had escaped from his body, and the "Spirit of Banri Tada" came into being, carrying his memories from before graduation.
Walkure Romanze
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/npUPg0WNDBk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Based on a visual novel of the same name, Walkure Romanze takes place at an academy that is focused on the sport of jousting. The main character, Takahiro Mizuno, had originally planned to train to become a knight at the academy, but an injury back home in a jousting tournament forced him to rethink his plans. Now, he’s decided to train as a begleiter, or knight’s assistant, and help one of the academy’s girls win.
Walkure Romanze, and Golden Time I think will be the best animes this fall.
Watch Walkure Romanze on Crunchyroll, and Golden Time on Crunchyroll

Last edited by chrisc31; 10-07-13 at 05:12 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.